Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin

Article about: Hello Folks, Another day and another probable fake to present for your inspection. Please do not think I am spamming this forum with a myriad of fake German daggers. If the site admin say en

Default Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin

Hello Folks,

Another day and another probable fake to present for your inspection.

Please do not think I am spamming this forum with a myriad of fake German daggers. If the site admin say enough is enough I will stop posting new threads. The story behind my acquisition of these knives is basically I have an elderly friend with whom I have shared historical interests and unfortunately he has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and Valhalla is calling. Before he departs this earth he has given me his collection of knives and a large aluminium Swastika Eagle. He believed these items to all be genuine Third Reich, so far it appears only the SA dagger is the real deal. I do not have the heart to tell him he has been badly ripped-off when amassing his collection but I will make efforts to find out where he procured these items and over what time scale and hopefully others will not fall prey to con-men as my dear old friend did. But from an amateurs point of view; it must be said collecting Third Reich memorabilia is fraught with difficulties and unless the dealer from which you buy is an absolute expert and 100% reputable, you stand a good chance of ending up with a load of historically worthless junk.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Dagger - Paul Weyersberg & Co Berlin

imho its a good one however it is missing its grip wire im sorry about your friend but i tell you and i can saftly say that most everyone has a least one fake in their collection collecting knives/daggers is a very hard to get all originals like i said i think its original

tom

Thanks for the feedback Tom.

?

sorry, but this is a spanish copy, not an original. the dead give away is the maker being from berlin. the only makers mark you want to see with berlin is a HACO SA.
    andrew

Quote by talltom View Post
    imho its a good one however it is missing its grip wire im sorry about your friend but i tell you and i can saftly say that most everyone has a least one fake in their collection collecting knives/daggers is a very hard to get all originals like i said i think its original

tom
    Tom, if you are not sure about an item its best not to comment at all. Members may purchase items on what you say.
    I have noticed you have given a few wrong calls recently. Its best to stick to what you know mate

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Andrew is correct.

Nick is also correct. Please don't comment unless you actally know.

Cheers, Ade.

can anyone give anyother indindications as to how you can tell its a fake besides the maker being in the wrong part of the country

tom

Hi Tom, the grip, the scabbard and the crossguard are also wrong.

Spanish copies generally were not bad for the time.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks ade

tom

So sorry to hear about your friend mancunian, but sadly for him the guys above are 100% right about it being a fake and it wouldn't be any benefit in going into detail about what stands out on the dagger to highlight the error's,

cheers Ronnie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast