Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss

Article about: Hi Chaps, I just picked this Luftwaffe up as I don't often see this maker on this pattern of dagger. I'm a wee bit curious about the crossguard as its not one of the more common types that I

?

Default 1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss

Chaps, I just picked this Luftwaffe up as I don't often see this maker on this pattern of dagger. I'm a wee bit curious about the crossguard as its not one of the more common types that I have come across. I believe that PDL only made blades and would have purchased the other components from different manufacturers but I'm at a loss as to who manufactured the hardware. I'm hoping that I haven't been burnt on this one and would appreciate any input .
    Cheers in advance!!!
    Andy

1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-14-2016 at 10:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1937 Luftwaffe Dagger P.D Luneschloss
    P
    Many

?

Don't know what happened to the text on my post!. I must be out of practice 😆

Hi Blondi..I dont think you got burned..and the possibility greatly exists that producers did outsource for hardware.

Im going to go out on a limb here...first..You have a not too commonly seen Luft producer. So you are already on a good start. .

The Pommel and Crossguard resemble the details of FW Holler. Yet the fittings and condition including the original airplane grey are consistent with each other.
    If any one wants to add their thoughts on this..the truth be found One way or another..you will get the right info on this 2nd Model Luftwaffe.

The scabbard appears to be the Generic no maker type..yet it is difficult to discern any details on the scabbard bands to identify a producer.

IMO I think you got a winner..and period authentic. Other thoughts and opinions welcome to support or correct my findings .

Regards Larry

I edited your text Andy..and moved it above your images
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks Larry!!!
    That's certainly puts my mind at rest that I haven't been sold a pup 😊. Thanks for the info, every day's a school day 👍
    Andy

looks fine to me.

?

😉👍😀😀😀😀 Thanks Harry!!