Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1st Model Luftwaffe dagger from classifieds for discussion

Article about: Hi Mpeg,, thank you for attending this discussion,,I am hopeful for more opinions on the etch itself as I feel the dagger itself is quite authentic. Regarding the etch ,,the photos provided

Default Re: 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger from classifieds for discussion

Hi Mpeg,, thank you for attending this discussion,,I am hopeful for more opinions on the etch itself as I feel the dagger itself is quite authentic. Regarding the etch ,,the photos provided do not show enough detail but from the comments made it looks recent. Just to give you an idea of what these are worth heres a link from one of our Highly regarded Forum suporters...https://www.lakesidetrader.com/item.php?ID=57
    This dagger is Carl Julius Krebs,,but the etch itself on this one is very ornate and detailed. The price you offered for this is around $1500 US according to the conversion of 1200 euros.
    Do you know anything else about this dagger or where it came from,, and how you came about putting a 1200 euro price tag on it? These double panel etched daggers which vary in etch size and dedication will start around $3000-4000 US,,in good condition. It is obvious if you put a $3000 price tag on this dagger in the condition its in,,surely it would not sell,,even if it did have the chain!

I would like to see closer images of the etch if possible,,so as to assess what it might be worth. I will attach this thread to your ad in the classified until we get some better photos and I will give you my best assessment in the comment section of the classifieds.
    I want to be able to protect you and the buyer at the same time. Looking forward to some photos and your reply to my inquiries above. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

You ask about a price and you make 2 statements:
    imo statement 2 is what you hope, but that will not be stated here, its just not true.

about a price:
    well i sold my 2 super conditioned Luftwaffe's 1st pattern in nickel/silver for 725-- euro's/each

@Verdran:
    this dagger is certainly not worth 650 usd, more like 250 usd, its nice for someone who has a broken crossguard or a bad grip, but the dagger itself it not a collectable dagger anymore.

its more like a display item in the back of a grouping, a spacefiller.
    The etching, missing chain and the bad condition ruined its value.

Ger

Okay Ger, i dident noticed broken crossguard, but the majority of the skin on the dagger very well preserved.
    This is most important in these daggers.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Okay Ger, i dident noticed broken crossguard, but the majority of the skin on the dagger very well preserved.
    This is most important in these daggers.

Regards
    Vedran
    i mean when you have a nice original that has certain parts that needs to be replaces, like a bad grip a broken crossguard..... you can use this dagger, so its just for parts...use it as a donor.

but then afterall what you create is just a parts dagger.....

Cheers Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12