Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?

Article about: by thekees its not a fake, and for a low price (250 USd or less) not to bad. JMHO, you would be hard pressed to find one in this condition for that price. If you do, please let me know, I wo

Quote by thekees View Post
    its not a fake, and for a low price (250 USd or less) not to bad.
    JMHO, you would be hard pressed to find one in this condition for that price. If you do, please let me know, I would love to add one to my collection for that price!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?
    P
    Many

Hi Chris welcome to the forum...your first Luftwaffe dagger is mismatched as all fittings should be equal to each other as pointed out by the other members. Alluminum will not show lifting as it is not plated..the scabbard fittings are plated mid period variety on your present dagger scabbard. These came from the producer all the same style fittings...but no telling what happened during the period or after the war..that the scabbard was switched out..or vice versa to the dagger itself. Still IMO both are authentic. I have seen the "morrocan" blue leather turn to an almost black looking in color on some examples...but photos of the seam work on the scabbard would be nice to see if you would indulge us with a few more photos
    The chain looks to be consistent with the scabbard fittings. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with Larry. It appears that the guard and pommel have been replaced with later aluminum versions. The grip and ferrule match the scabbard in materials and patina. This will always be a parts dagger, and very difficult to sell when the need arises. It is not a dagger I would add to my collection, it does not represent any period made example. I suspect the guard and pommel were added to replace denazified parts. These daggers are plentiful, un-messed with examples can be found at reasonable prices, even in Germany.

Wolfgang

Below photo shows both, the later aluminum and early silver models.

1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?

Wolfgang, very nice collection, i need to stop looking at this picture or i will start collecting them agian.

?

As stated a parts dagger, mismatching all the way in material.
    I had a couple of Luftwaffe 1st pattern and prices in Holland are not that expensive as the dollar prices in the states.
    For example a 100% perfect Alu version will do top 600-650. euro, and very hard to sell.
    The 2 early nickel versions that i sold last year did 675- for the Holler and 725 euro for the Herder with pommel.
    Those are great daggers in almost perfect conditions.

a dagger as shown here in this topic will no do a penny more then 400 euro.
    Sorry to say but I would certainly not buy a parts dagger like this one.

And the dealers you mentioned like Weitze are very overpriced.
    You've better buy them at our classified section or at seller sections on other WW2 forums.
    Prices between collectors are far better then the normal rated the big dealers ask.

Ger
    here the R.Herder i sold for 725-- euro
    1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?

I totally agree with Ger, although the 400 euro mark is to high as a collector.Aas collector, buy the good to very good graded daggers, they will retain there value. As soon as you have this dagger you will look for an upgrade, and this means you will sell this dagger on with a loss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3