MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?

Article about: by thekees its not a fake, and for a low price (250 USd or less) not to bad. JMHO, you would be hard pressed to find one in this condition for that price. If you do, please let me know, I wo

Default 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member here and this is my first thread.

I have been offered to buy a Luftwaffe Dagger 1st Model in excellent condition, but there is no makers mark what so ever on the blade (no RZM mark either, but there shouldn't be one so that's ok).

Should no makers mark "ring an alarm bell" ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum Chris!
    I don't believe that there is a problem with any 1st models without maker's marks. Posting photos would certainly help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Chris,

If you can post a few images of the item in question, it would surely help in comprehensively determining the information you seek plus some other observations.

Welcome to our forum.

Regards,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

These are all the pics I have of the dagger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?   1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?  

1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?   1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?  

1st model Luftwaffe Dagger - makers mark?  

Good dagger. Without maker they were often supplied to the dealers who engraved them with there own trade mark. Does the scabbard have aluminium fittings too?

Not my area of expertise but the only thing that stands out to me is that the scabbard leather should be blue.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

looks ok but the scabbard cover is strange should be blue in colour.

Quote by thekees View Post
    Good dagger. Without maker they were often supplied to the dealers who engraved them with there own trade mark. Does the scabbard have aluminium fittings too?
    I'm not 100% sure of what you mean, but I think the chain is aluminium.

It's obvious the colour of the scabbard is more brown than blue. But the colour seems to have changed somehow, because it's not the same all over.

Quote by Chris76 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure of what you mean, but I think the chain is aluminium.
    I believe he is talking about the fittings at the throat and tip of the scabbard.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast