Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you for help with this dagger. There is etching on the blade, but I did not find any pilot with this name but maybe I did not use correct list of luftwaffe membe

?

Default 1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you for help with this dagger. There is etching on the blade, but I did not find any pilot with this name but maybe I did not use correct list of luftwaffe members. Do you think this dagger is original one? Any opinion is welcome. Thank you, Mike

1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help
    P
    Many

?

Question

No doubt it is good!
    Where did you get the idea that the only guys in the Luftwaffe who had daggers were pilots?
    Sarge

I would like to hear more opinions on the etch..which these days are applied as quickly as childrens lick and stick tattoos. The photos do not reveal too much detail..and it seems to appear it is "supposed " to be aluminum fittings .

In the first photo..between the crossguard and the grip appears to be crooked or off a bit.
    I would like to know if Paul Seilheimer Produced Aluminum 1st Luftwaffe daggers.

To include in what Member Sarge is saying about these daggers belonging soley to pilots..the answer is No! There were many branches of service within the Luftwaffe that included officers of many ranks.

Not sure of the name of the blade..and would like to hear other opinions overall on this dagger. I would not like to endorse a thumbs up ..on a dagger that of this type nears $1000 US...without making sure its authentic or you lose your money on One Opinion. ( No disrespect Sarge...Its just Business ) and safe research practice. These days the crooks are getting saavy.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hallo,
    here are more detailed pictures I received today. I hope it helps.
    Mike

1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help

1st Paul S. 1st Luft I've ever seen.
    Special order maybe?

?

here are my 2 cents:
    Paul Seilheimer is not listed as a LW 1st pattern maker as far as i know.
    Blade is more then questionable, i would call it a bad fake.
    Crossguard and pommel are fake, just look at it magnified.....
    a few Original parts and the rest is a bucket full of crap.

Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help  

Quote by gerrit View Post
    a bucket full of crap.
    A rare descriptive variant ...one in which is hardly used..yet effective and to the point.....but will reference that term for future
    " Frankensteined " assembled Edged Types.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Lakesidetrader View Post
    1st Paul S. 1st Luft I've ever seen.
    Special order maybe?
    There is a Paul S. 1st luft for sale on freiwillige militaria, it has a different maker mark than this one, I don't know enough about these to say if its original or not.

mmmm also wondering why there is absolutely no sign of any gilding on the swastika's cheers Paul

Just a little info that he did make a 1st model dagger here is a pic of his catalouge with it in, but i must agree with some of the guys about the sun dial swaz missing the gold
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st model Luftwaffe dagger Paul Seilheimer - ask for help  
    Last edited by 85ronnies; 09-13-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast