Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger

Article about: Hello all, I will be posting a few daggers a friend of mine picked up from a veterans son. I have some concerns about them and am hoping you can confirm some feelings I have. First up is a 1

?

Default 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger

Hello all,

I will be posting a few daggers a friend of mine picked up from a veterans son. I have some concerns about them and am hoping you can confirm some feelings I have.

First up is a 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger made by Tiger. Overall the dagger looks ok, but the pommel looks absolutely atrocious. It is crude and lacks the clean and definitive lines present on the pommels of honest examples. I am not a huge fan of the blade, it is not in terrible shape but the makers mark lacks the detail I have seen on original examples. It looks more like a mouse head then a tiger.

The scabbard looks like it stands a chance. The aluminum hanger is well marked and stands well against true examples.

I believe this may be a parts dagger. The story my friend was given was that the veteran was stationed in Germany post war, so its possible he picked all of these up as souvenirs that were being sold by people to make ends meet from random parts found.

Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger   1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger  

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger   1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by Tiger
    P
    Many

?

Not a fan of it at all. Makers mark & pommel as you point out are not what you would expect. Looks like someone jammed a bunch of parts together. Don't like it.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thats what it looked like to me. The pommel is a pretty ugly attempt to create on, it really lacks the quality of Third Reich daggers.

a parts one.

?

Harry, you think the parts are legitimate?

?

Pommel looks like a panzer ran over it. Odd.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

The pommel is terrible. Looks nothing like I have ever seen. I am used to seeing very clean lines.

Rossi nailed it ,,im seeing mix of aluminum and nickel...no screws in scabbard fittings..Pommel is not period at all.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looks like Hermann Goering sat on the pommel...

?

Larry,

Is the mix of metals an issue? Were these daggers normally one or the other? The missing screws are, I assume, a result of this being a quickly put together parts dagger, with a haphazard pommel put on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast