Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal

Article about: Hi everybody, I have been given this dagger by a family member who would like some more information on it. I have a few SS daggers but don't know a lot about these luft daggers. A quick goog

?

Default 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal

Hi everybody,

I have been given this dagger by a family member who would like some more information on it. I have a few SS daggers but don't know a lot about these luft daggers. A quick google of the engraved I / flak 6 reveals information on the personnel and deployment of this unit.
    Unfortunately the scabbard is missing. My relative is thinking of selling it, would anybody care to put a value on it without the scabbard?
    Thanks in advance, Keith1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisalDSC_0208.jpg1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal
    P
    Many

Default re: 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal

Hi Kevin, a good original dagger, just the lack of scabbard and the condition let it down.

Hard to estimate a value.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal

I think value is approximately $200 USD or 130 GBP. It looks like it has been separate from the scabbard for a very long time. Not much collector value, but still an attractive piece in my opinion. I love the medieval look of the early Luftwaffe daggers. The design shows more then anything Hitler's desire to connect his new Reich with the days of the Holy Roman Empire of the Middle Ages.

Corey

?

Default Re: 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger for appraisal

Whats strikes me on the blade is the Waffenambt marking, not that stylistic luft eagle with the 5 under a roof, but a waffenambt stamp that looks like the old imperial ones.

This piece is good to diplay between groundigs and shattered battlefield relics, would do great!
    but not collectable as a dagger on it self.
    i would pay 75 euro tops, to display it between digs....

Cheers,
    Ger