Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1st Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger on craigslist

Article about: I found this dagger listed on craigslist this morning and I am going to look at it in person in a couple of hours. Looks good to me from these pictures- any thoughts? Seller is asking \\$375 w

Default 1st Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger on craigslist

I found this dagger listed on craigslist this morning and I am going to look at it in person in a couple of hours. Looks good to me from these pictures- any thoughts? Seller is asking $375 which seems like a good deal. Seller also said that they have 3 WWII rifles to sell. Not sure what these are yet -but I am hopeful for a big day.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger on craigslist   1st Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger on craigslist  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger on craigslist
    P
    Many

Not enough knowledge to give opinion on dagger but price seems quite good if legit. Check out those WW 2 rifles for sure. Hopefully 98s in decent condition for a fair price. Let us know if possible and you need opinions.

Well, it was a bust. The dagger was fake and the three rifles were missing pieces and rusted. A couple of Japanese rifles. Sigh......

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    Well, it was a bust. The dagger was fake and the three rifles were missing pieces and rusted. A couple of Japanese rifles. Sigh......
    Sorry to hear. Yeah that stamping looks suspect but hate to say if I am in doubt. Good you past on the rifles but am sure your luck will change if you keep a look out. Best of luck.

What other details made this dagger a fake..the photos are not the best..but David Malsch is a 1st Luftwaffe type producer

Luftwaffe Dagger Producers
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

The top sun wheel was crudely "carved and the gilding looked like a 2 year old did it". Everything was loose and the weight seemed to be off. It just seemed very light in comparison to what I would expect in an earlier dagger. What are you seeing Larry - I know you don't really have good pictures to go off of?

?

It is an aluminum dagger so it is going to weigh a lot less than what a standard version does. These aluminum ones are not always perfect, as you can see from the gilding on this one 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger by WKC | Lakesidetrader. From the picture I would have been very interested or at least ask for secondary pictures but that is just me. Edit- david malsch mark looks like it should, these were crude for some reason.

?

The maker mark I thought looked like it was made with an electric etcher but then I found another one of that maker on emedals that sold and his makers mark is made that way.

I'll be staying tune to this thread

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-15-2018 at 05:21 AM.

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    The maker mark I thought looked like it was made with an electric etcher but then I found another one of that makler on emedals that sold and his makers mark is made that way.

I'll be staying tune to this thread

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yeap they always look bad here is one on a sword from here on the site https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...h-dscn1304.jpg. First time I saw one I was confused by how bad they look but that is just the logo you use, they are always like this on Lufts.

Default David Malsch Logo

Hope this helps....a photo of my David Malsch Luft dagger ....and a photo from Tom Wittmanns book page 55 ...Exploring The Dress Daggers of the German lluftwaffe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger on craigslist  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast