Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help

Article about: Hey guys, my friend recently got this dagger for free so hes not in anything. I had a few issues with it and i wanted to point it out to you guys. 1st the Paul Weyersberg Co makers mark look

?

Default 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help

Hey guys, my friend recently got this dagger for free so hes not in anything. I had a few issues with it and i wanted to point it out to you guys. 1st the Paul Weyersberg Co makers mark looks completely wrong and way too far up the blade. Also the detail of the swastika on the crossguard looks really wrong compared to originals. It looks pushed in too far and filed in. Please let me know your opinions because i'm just getting into this part of the hobby and not the best in it yet.
    Ryan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help   1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help  

1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help   1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help  

Attached Images Attached Images 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help  1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help

You can see compared to mine the crossguard looks really wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help   1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help  

1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help   1st pattern luftwaffe dagger help  

I think you are right Ryan,looks hooky to me to.

?

I'm glad your friend got this for nothing !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hello Ryan,
    If you have compared the quality of the workmanship to yours, it appears that there was no doubt in your mind.
    Glad your friend got it for free. It will make a reasonable wall hanger until he is able to upgrade it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Is that a weyersberg logo with the holler thermometer inside? good lord LOL

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Is that a weyersberg logo with the holler thermometer inside? good lord LOL
    LOL Good eye Max..that is horrid!!!...and good job Ryan..this is exactly what is needed to prove authenticity...Good Homework

Those photos Ryan are destined for the circular file of the "Best Of the Worst" thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Also for future reference if you ever see WKC below a squirrel just run! Lol