Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg

Article about: This is an early nickel silver uncleaned Weyersberg with the Luftwaffe stickbird on the blade. Lovely used condition, not perfect, but a " Ive been there look, top quality parts and a g

?

Default 1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg

This is an early nickel silver uncleaned Weyersberg with the Luftwaffe stickbird on the blade.
    Lovely used condition, not perfect, but a " Ive been there look, top quality parts and a good blade ( its better then the pics reveal)
    Leather on the scabbard is excellent, on the grip it has 2 scuffs, otherwise its very good.
    Lovely dull patina on the nickel chain & fittings
    Enjoy this piece
    Ger
    Attachment 6770811st Pattern LW dagger by WeyersbergAttachment 6770771st Pattern LW dagger by WeyersbergAttachment 6770751st Pattern LW dagger by WeyersbergAttachment 6770741st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by WeyersbergAttachment 677080Attachment 6770781st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg
    Last edited by gerrit; 04-21-2014 at 09:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg
    P
    Many

Nice Luft 1st's by a super quality maker! Are these two different daggers? There is one with the usual connectors used to hold the chain to the scabbard rings and another shown with the early "S" shaped clips usually used by Eickhorn holding the chain?? Kevin.

?

Ger,

Yep i like it buddy

Nice unmessed with dagger !!

Best Mac 66.

?

Hi Kevin, i have removed the mixed up ones with the Gebr.Heller scabbard, you were right
    Now the very nice extra bonus of this Weyersberg is the fact that the very early ones are numbered on the tang and under the crossguard.
    This one has matched numbers: 1062
    although the leather bufferpad is snapped its clear to see its the Original one, the 1062 has left its mark in the leather after all these years.
    Here are the pics of the markings.
    Cheers,
    Ger
    1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg1st Pattern LW dagger by Weyersberg

Bravo !! ..what we see on SA and SS daggers..can now be seen on these Luftwaffe daggers. I hate to see all Lufts taken down for the sake of the numbering..but sometimes for research reasons and producer identification it may be necessary. Now the question?..... as seen on political daggers was this blade firm produced or sub-contracted

I love these little anomalies..your right Gerrit..I love it

The dagger is standard..but the new information find..adds to it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hey guys, I wont take my weyersberg to pieces but Ive gently pulled back the leather washer to see if I have a number.... I don't!

So that's ennoying for me. Our daggers are nearly identical, same grip wire etc.

What you have certainly doesn't look to be standard procedure anyway

best matty