Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?

Article about: If anyone knows a REPUTABLE dealer in Nazi swords and daggers please feel free to let me know. I still wish to purchase a REAL collectible for the hubby. Again, thank you all!!! In case you

Default Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?

My wife purchased this dagger for me. After doing some slight research we believe it might be a fake? At this point we can get our money back if it is a fake.

On the blade it says: Solingen 1939 then in a cross type pattern it says :
    B
    B & A
    A

on the reverse of the blade it says: Germany
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?   Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?  

Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?  
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 12-05-2010 at 11:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe dagger real or fake?

I don't think I have the picture thing right, are they visible?

Quote by Jon Allen View Post

I don't think I have the picture thing right, are they visible?
    yes they are visible, I'm not an expert, but something doesn't look right. Pammy would be the one to ask on luft daggers.

Sorry reproduction.

?

Fake

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum!

It is an older German made fake. Get a refund. Though oddly enough, some people find these collectable in their own right.

I have added the pics to your post for you on the forum server.

Cheers, Ade.

?

hi folks,
    it was my understanding that these BA marked daggers were assembled at the end of the war from ORIGINAL parts for the most part, untill they ran out. like with the SA daggers getting a plastic grip on otherwise original parts. some later BA dagger and sword parts were made the original way, in the original factories, i believe it was an american officer started the process. GI's wanted daggers!! the term fake is not really
    accurate. most are original parts, just assembled later, and marked as such. i my self dont collect them, but they are a historical item unlike out right reproduction daggers with no original parts or history. it is true they are not a issued item or assembled pre 45, for what thats worth.

Hi Andrew, you are correct in what you are saying. At very best these are parts peices and the story behind them is interesting in the history of the hobby. Hence why some people find them collectable. But as Jon was sold this as original he needs to get a refund.

Cheers, Ade.

A big THANK YOU to all who looked and gave advice. Fortunately she wrote a check for the item and we were able to put a stop payment on it. I'm sure we and the seller will have an interesting conversation in the near future. Again, thank you for sharing your vast knowledge in this matter.

Hi Jon, that is good news!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast