Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2nd Luft Herder

Article about: Have a chance at this one. IS it all correct and matching? I found others and seems the fitting match but the scabbard looks plated and fittings grey paint? Not sure, thanks for any help.

How bad of me, temporarily forgot that important holiday. IT is very tight and I won't temp it.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Luft Herder
    P
    Many

OK I did take it apart carefully, it was tight but not by age, it was tight by someone cranking it tight. The grip opening that sits on the tang has lots of play, it is too large. Because there is so much play the grip turns and that's how someone left it. I am able to line everything up with it not cranked too tight. I think it's a minor detail now. But would like to hear from the experienced collector's if this is a common thing with Luft 2's Thanks. No hurry on the answer as it's a holiday weekend as Larry pointed out.

Merry Christmas and thanks for the help in buying daggers this year. Very happy with the few I now have, thanks again.

Kelly

Kelly, Yes, it is quite common for there to be movement and excess space between the tang and grip hole. Some makers more often than others but surprisingly for these usually detail minded German producers, it is rather random on this tolerance! Best, Kevin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2