Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss

Article about: Hi What do you say about the 2nd Luftwaffe dagger made of Damascus steel with hangers ??

Default 2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss

Hi
    What do you say about the 2nd Luftwaffe dagger made of Damascus steel with hangers ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss   2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss  

2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss   2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss  

2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss   2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss
    P
    Many

Hi Michal...This dagger and its damascus steel application shows some promise..but those who collect these also know these are highly faked and an in hand inspection may be needed to examine more closely. The damascus pattern..looks very good..but I am reluctant to give it a thumbs up until more qualified eyes who study this type of steel could chime in and give their thoughts. Im just taking precautions..and do not want to spend your hard earned money if I am mistaken. The dagger itself minus the dedication looks good. The raised dedication is nice too..but again more eyes are needed. The hangers IMO seem to appear more of a recent made. IMO Opinion I like the dagger dedication and damacus..but let better eyes prevail. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for your reply. It is true that this type of items it is difficult to judge by the pictures. As for me, judging from the pictures, everything looks good. But if someone else take a look, and write what he thought of the dagger I will be grateful.
    Regards Michal

?

interesting hangers...noting some pitting on back of bands. seem post war to me and not of period origin but I could be wrong there. Just seem to not have the german craftsmanship I am used to seeing. not sure about the blade. have stayed away from them due the the repro factor and overall cost of an authentic. wish I could give you an assessment that would be worthy of help. I would really like to have this piece in hand and then could probably tell...pictures are good but taking a real close look is optimal. wish you well and open to others opinions.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I had some time ago a beautiful Luftwaffe sword made of Damascus steel. Sold it to a friend, after some time, it was discovered that the blade is a reproduction. I was very surprised. Holding in my hand I had no doubt. This means that you have to be very careful with damascus blade . In Annex sending photos you can see and give your opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss   2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss  

?

Personally I don't like the eagle on the blade of the Lüneschloss luftwaffe at all. I also am not convinced by the damast pattern on the blade. I would like to see some pictures of the blade tang.

Danny

if I can get more pictures and posting them .
    Michal

The hanger fittings are remarkably rough and pitted. The damascening on the blade looks crude and unfinished-especially so when magnified-it looks coarse and I do not care for the silver wrap wire on the grip. For what this piece must be being offered for, I would not have it. It looks to me like an assembly of genuine parts and counterfeit.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Both blades are fakes, the first can be obtained in a few quality's
    I will show another example below.
    The Alcoso is a very poor fake, not even worth looking at, imagine a blade that should be handcrafted and after so much work a poor not centered etch?
    Come on! no way, i hope they stay that sloppy.
    I have seen some very convincing damast blades, but thse 2 dont come close.
    Regards,
    Ger
    2nd Luftwaffe Damascus steel and hangers by P.D. Luneschloss

Larry C.are you deleting my posts? this is the 2nd time I have put a comment on a dagger thread and its vanished!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast