Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd model Luft dagger

Article about: hello since I can put a Collectible daggers. today I present my first luft dagger completter I finished yesterday morning. I would put you more photos, I have a concern for transfer thank yo

Default 2nd model Luft dagger

hello

since I can put a Collectible daggers.
    today I present my first luft dagger completter I finished yesterday morning.
    I would put you more photos, I have a concern for transfer
    thank you

cdt seppi72

Luftwaffe dagger model 37
    Dark orange rocket
    blade with manufacturer's logo P.Weyersberg

Last edited by Larry C; 09-28-2014 at 02:29 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd model Luft dagger
    P
    Many

hello

Following this photo
    Blade also has a LW waffen amt

cordially seppi72

Why there is a waffenampt on the blade, I have no idea. But the dagger looks to be a real one, however, the photos are atrocious.........

Can you tell me the mileage on this baby? No, didn't think so. That's how your pictures come across, sorry to say........

Anyway........welcome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd model Luft dagger  

hello
    thank you for your comment, yes my camera a few miles, sorry for the picture quality, but I'm quick.
    Dagger out of Strasbourg, can tell you more because of waffen amt.
    100% authentic dagger well
    cordially seppi72

from what I can see it looks a nice dagger.

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Why there is a waffenampt on the blade, I have no idea. But the dagger looks to be a real one
    Hi John..only in regards to the waffenamt..not all 2nd Luft daggers had the waffenamt stamping..but Paul Weyersburg examples that I have seen and also Tom Wittmann has identified do exist.
    Paul Weyersburg also stamped their 1st Luft daggers as did Eickhorn..but yet..Eickhorn did not waffen stamp their 2nd Lufts. Not sure of the reasoning why Eickhorn stopped this practice after 1937.

Correct me Luft collectors if I am wrong..I see only two, 2nd Luft producers who wafffen stamped their blades..Weyersburg and SMF.

As far as the rest of the dagger..I agree the flash tends to wash out the detail in over brightness. Regards Larry

Edit: Thread moved to Luftwaffe dagger forum and title changed to accommodate dagger type.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry, I did not know that! And in all my years of collecting, and dealing, I have never had one with an ampt

hello
    sorry for the picture quality.
    thank you for this information.
    This dagger is indeed genuine and in addition has that APMT waffen, she was found in Strasbourg / Alsace / France.
    cordially seppi72

While the dagger is an Officer's model dagger (Offizierdolch), in keeping with period traditions the Luftwaffe acceptance marking signified that the dagger was Luftwaffe property (not universal it was limited to those who were given Luftwaffe contracts like other Luftwaffe only arms/accessories contracts) intended for the use of those such as senior NCO's who could wear the officer's knot because of their rank. Said individuals not being given an allowance for uniforms/other items like officers. This also applied to the (so-called 1st model) Flyers Daggers (Fleigerdolch). With a circa 1940 order also extending the privilege of wearing the Offizierdolch to those lower ranks without the knot who had flying status.

PS: As a side note, there was some stiff resistance to the facts of the matter at one time by those who believed that all of the "personalized" government property Luftwaffe daggers then in circulation were not legitimate period items. And even some well known U.S. dealers were known to sell government property daggers as belonging to well known historical Officers/individuals - that was without anything factual to backup their supposed provenance in order to increase the sales price. Best Regards, Fred

?

Lovely dagger Seppi , exactly the same features as a Paul Weyersberg example i have , including the stickbird ampt . I love the colour tone changes on the grip and the wear from use to the high spots on the fittings . Paul Weyersberg is my favourite manufacturer and they are highly regarded for their top quality plated blades , of which yours is one
    Thanks for showing it.
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast