Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: by Frogprince With night or day, and the immediate outside conditions (like weather) of different parts of the world I don’t have a problem with artificial lighting as a way to capture image

?

Default 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

This is another item that i am prepping to sell(which means i an looking for a good description and information),I was just wondering if any one could fill me in on the details...and if anyone would care to ballpark a value it would be helpful(feel free to PM me). Again I find it very hard to figure out the values.I have checked online and they go from $650 to $1200 and i have seen some for priced in the thousands of dollars range. Its hard to gauge condition and whether or not its a rarity,i just do not have the experience. Please share your thoughts...Personally this one had always been my Favorited,it is completely stunning.

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

scroll down there are more pictures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

here are some others including the makers mark...and handle

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

?

and last of all the sheath...

like i said before this was always my favorite,the details are really nice,Enjoy

Well, since nobody else has replied, I'll take a shot at it. It looks like a nice original and complete 2nd Model. I'm not familiar with the maker, so I'll let somebody else tackle that. The portepee is correctly mounted on the dagger, which shows that either a knowledgeable collector placed it that way or it has been like that since the war. Hard to tell the condition of the blade from these photos, and of course that is the most important part of the dagger. The hanger and scabbard are both in nice condition in my opinion. I'd say value is between $900-$1100, but I have a very limited knowledge of these things. Somebody else can give you a more accurate assessment.

?

Photographing the blade is really hard,with lighting and such...i perhaps need to try again...as for the mounting of the he portepee,its always been like that so i also assume its been like that since the war. thanks

Originals, 2LW dagger manufactured by Arthur Schuttlehoffer Solingen.
    Although it is a rare marker, it does not make it more expensive, because it is composed by generic parts.
    (Arthur Schuttlehoffer Solingen was a small firm, that has used generic parts for daggers)
    Portepee was probably added later, (perhaps portepee is for Herr dagger), because the longer version, and 2LW dagger used shorter.
    (First model L.W. dagger he used a longer version Portepee)
    In addition, the color does not match with the dagger scabbard , but it's hard to see through the photos.
    I think he has a maximum value of 800 - 850USD in this condition.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-24-2013 at 11:03 PM.

?

Wow I am still blown away with the level of knowledge that is shared but i have some questions...

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Portepee was probably added later, (perhaps portepee is for Herr dagger), because the longer version, and 2LW dagger used shorter.
    (First model L.W. dagger he used a longer version Portepee)
    Ok,So the portepee is to come off and be sold separately.

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    the color does not match with the dagger scabbard , but it's hard to see through the photos.
    This has me scratching my head,how can I be sure its a match? What should I be looking at, specifically...

You can leave the portepee on, its not textbook but they go for 100 bucks alone, I am sure in the history of TR daggers that a long version portepee ended up on a 2nd model Luft more then once, and I wouldnt worry about the color not matching, it does happen, and in this case will not effect the price.

Hi KG,, you can sell the portepee on or off it would be your choice ,,but IMO it would be best to be left as it is desirable to have a full rig set as what you have pictured. Corey, Max, and Vedran have provided excellent insight for the sale of your dagger. Your 2nd model Luftwaffe dagger,,is a standard version made of of generic parts,, which is highly common with this type of dagger. It should do well in the classified section,, but please post photos of the front and back of the whole dagger...front and back..of the crossguard,, the grip and the pommel..also including close ups of the scabbard carrying bands. This will greatly support the sale of your dagger here on the classifieds. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I would also encourage you to study our past threads as there are many various makers of 2nd Model Luftwaffe daggers. You will be able to compare the minute differences,,between the various makers of this artistically created dagger. Enjoy your walk!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast