Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen

Article about: Good afternoon everyone. Like an opinion from you about this sword. 2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen Is it real? Original? Thank you very much.

?

Default 2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen

Good afternoon everyone.

Like an opinion from you about this sword.
    2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen

2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen

Is it real? Original?

Thank you very much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen
    P
    Many

I have some serious doubts on this one. The engraving is really suspect, and are my eyes playing tricks, but it looks as if the "bluing" is rubbing off, and this should be a treatment to the steel, so it should not IMO rub off. The crossguard looks as if someone has just hammered some decoration into it, and that eagle?? It looks kinda rough around the edges A general's sword with shoddy workmanship? Anything is possible but I really do not get a warm fuzzy feeling on this, however it does depend on whether it has any provenance to it, and of course, who is selling it and how much it is.

Fakers today can get engraving nearly spot on see this pinned thread I did a few years back
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...r-blade-14737/

It's up to you of course, but personally.................................

?

Hi there
    in this pristine condition after 70 odd years - I dont think so, and have to agree with John's comments.
    regards

?

I'm very layman and learn something new every day with you.

Looking at this item, I had a bad impression. Was uncomfortable. Seeing a real item here in the forum, seemed coarse finishes, but I always prefer to hear their opinions.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with me.
    I don't have the courage to buy anything for my collection without the look of you. : )

there were a couple off suspect ones appeared in the 70s.

Drope is this from the same supplier as the diplomatic sword you posted the other day?

?

Quote by allan View Post
    Hi there
    in this pristine condition after 70 odd years - I dont think so, and have to agree with John's comments.
    regards
    Don't forget, a new looking piece doesn't mean fake. There are many items from the war which have survived in pristine condition today and conversely many items that were made yesterday which look like they are seventy years old.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

es, Mattthy.

He sent me photo of some daggers, medals etc..
    I'll post.
    I think either item can be good.
    I count on you to assist me. : )

I agree with John..this sword is a repro..first we need to identify the name on the etch as it was awarded to someone...and dont say Hermann Goring as Gorings example..last resided in the Late Robert Waites collection...the blue panel etch where it says.."In dankbarer Anerkenmung" ... is smaller than the same etch of that wording...compared to Luftwaffe General Sperrie`s sword featured in Tom Wittmanns Luftwaffe reference on pgs 359-361 and in color. The gold lettering is larger in Dropes posted sword...the blue panel color is very dynamic..compared to a near mint to mint example of General Sperries sword.
    Another attribute that needs to be indentified is the direction of the Alcoso logo..as each maker had their logo going one way r the other....did Alcoso make General swords is another question. Eickhorn made Gorings sword.
    What is the signature in the blue panel? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Drope. Just seems that this guy you refer to have 2 very rare swords, in actual fact I don't know where there is either for sale let alone both.
    The blue background to the etch on the Luftwaffe general's should be black imo. The only ones ive seen are black anyway.
    Interestingly, this piece is by Alcoso. The government sword you posted the other day is also by alcoso with exactly the same style makers mark. Bare it in mind they used the 'alcoso and ACS' stamp together for a short while -Are you picking up on this concidence? Seems to me they are both very high quality replica's made by the same people using the same die for the stamp.
    I would be interested in the price asked for these swords?
    I don't know anything about medals but there's some great guys on here that do so please post them and you'll be well looked after.
    Could you post the pictures of the daggers you meantioned?
    Many thanks matty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast