Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help

Article about: Hi everyone, I just purchased this 2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger today an antique fair event. I am concerned a bit with the detail quality of the cross guard (front and back) This dag

jwgp80
    ?

Default 2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help

Hi everyone, I just purchased this 2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger today an antique fair event. I am concerned a bit with the detail quality of the cross guard (front and back) This dagger does not have any marks. The dealer mentioned that some daggers did not have marks...Can anyone help to know if this dagger is real or a reproduction?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help   2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help  

2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help   2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help  

2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help   2nd Model Luftwaffe's Officer Dagger help  

2. # ADS

Hi, this is probably the most ugly crossguard that I ever saw. In my opinion it is reproduction of generic crossguard. Grip, pommel looks good to me, which is surprising! Scabbard is SMF product, and is authentic. Well, blade can be authentic, but also not, it is hard to tell from this photos.

Unmarked daggers exist and they are quite common - I also have one, just look at my thread - Luftwaffe dagger collection. It is not easy to determine which dagger is authentic and which no and if there is marker mark or not is not important.

Luftwaffe daggers collection

Peter
    Last edited by Larry C; 01-04-2017 at 04:09 PM.