Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2nd Pattern Luft Dagger

Article about: Hi guys! Just received this last week for my collection. Really nice blade on this one. Cheers, Jeff

I'm not 100 & sure, so I can only assume.
    Maybe because the Eickhorn was great company, whose name is bill synonymous for quality.
    They are not needed stamp for QC stamp.
    After all, none of the great Solingen three (Eickhor, WKC and ACS.), did not have QC stamp.

But I also read somewhere that is SMF was (Along with some other companies.), official supplier of the Luftwaffe.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Another observation is from other Eickhorn 2nd Luft examples...why do we not see the waffen amt proof marking on the blade?
    Vedran did well clearing that one up I didn't know that either.

A good question about the stick birds larry. They are usually an early trait but are very occasionally seen on the 1938 aluminium 1st pattern dagger but never the 2nd pattern that came out in 1937?
    The 1st pattern and second pattern were running simultaneously for about 2 years so it doesn't really make sense. The only thing I can ever think is that the aluminium type with a stick bird has gained an early blade?
    What regulations had to be followed of wear a 1st pattern instead of a 2nd? does anybody know if it was as simple as buy what you prefer?
    The Luftwaffe sword was based in the 1st pattern dagger, I wonder if a later Luftwaffe sword based on the 2nd model was in the pipe line?
    thanking for showing us this very nice 2nd pattern dagger,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12