Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Pattern Luftwaffe

Article about: hello all i saw this at a shop today, a second pattern luftwaffe dagger on a hangar. the hangar was marked and well worn, marked dgrm??? one of the hangar clips that secures the dagger to th

Default 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe

hello all i saw this at a shop today, a second pattern luftwaffe dagger on a hangar. the hangar was marked and well worn, marked dgrm??? one of the hangar clips that secures the dagger to the belt has a clip missing, it seems very old.
    it is marked - EF HORSTER.......

everything seemed ok. the pommel was abit off center as if someone had taken it off at some point , and the eagle looks abit soft. also someone had drilled a hole through the celuliod handle and one through the tip of the scabbard, ' as if to hang it on a wall, the blade and marking looked ok. '

i know these things can be thrown together,,,,, sometimes terribly but i am unsure
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe   2nd Pattern Luftwaffe  

2nd Pattern Luftwaffe  
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-27-2013 at 11:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2nd pattern lufty

It is original, but these are not rare and the condition would really put me off. Unless it was really cheap.....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ya i was thinking the drill hole in the handle and one in scabbard , plus one broken hangar clip , abit of rust and a pommel that sits off center. should be 200 to 250???

thank you guys , good to be on again , been not so active with upcoming back surgery

Pass on it..

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe

i just really want a representation of what one is, but i figure it would be worth probably less , maybe 180? the blade is perfect and will polish up nicely.
    maybe i can get the pommel on straight , and just hang it on the wall. he's a buddy and takes trades , i may toss him some silver or something.
    just was looking for a estimate of a value. broken clip on hangar, crooked pommel ,and a hole in the handle with a crack. maybe 180?
    Last edited by Larry C; 06-27-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Hi Chuck to give you an idea what a decent 2nd Luftwaffe goes for..check out Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals I agree with Ade..although the dagger is original it had seen its better days. But it is of course your choice and the dagger at that shop looks to be original..but more photos would be nice to see. Regards Larry

this site also Wittmann Antique Militaria
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If you just want one on the cheap then try to get this one realllllllly cheap, I understand you probably want this one because of the convenience of aquiring it but if you save up or just add another 150 to 200 dollars you can get a decent complete one without any holes drilled into it etc etc, but if it doesnt bother you then try to get this one for under 200.