Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet

Article about: I was blessed to be reunited with my German roots about 10 years ago. One of my elderly cousins (85) has told me fascinating stories about the war and her expereinces growing up in Lippe. Sh

?

Default WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet

I was blessed to be reunited with my German roots about 10 years ago. One of my elderly cousins (85) has told me fascinating stories about the war and her expereinces growing up in Lippe. She recently gave me several artifacts from the war that are awesome and I wanted to share them with you all. It is a bit sereal to think I had family on both sides of that war that fought and died. Any informmation on how to clean specifically the leather, blade, stag handle, silver parts, painted parts would be most appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet   WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet  

WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet   WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German DLV Dagger and Army Stag Handle Dress Bayonet

Nice,I think the second is a police dagger--check and see if the blade has a number and see if the number on the scabbard is the same. A good thing.

These are very nice original items, all they require is a wipe over with a clean cloth, nothing more is needed.

Cheers, Ade.

Agreed...........

They are in excellent condition. If you wipe off the blades,
    removing any fingerprints, this is all that is required.
    Regards,

Steve.

Definitely do as little as possible to them. Wipe the blades down with a clean cotton rag & leave 'em. By the way, Arthur Evertz is a fairly scarce maker mark on the bayonet. Very nice with the stag grips. What's the maker of the DLV, Eickhorn? Are there any crossguard numbers?

?

The DVL is a Carl Eickhorn - Solingen. Not sure what crossguard numbers are but I did not see any numbers on either the DVL or bayonet. Also is it normal to have the DVL straps in black eventhough the handle and scaboard are blue? I am in the process of making a few shadow boxes for the stuff I have received. Thanks for the information and suggestions.

?

nice DLV great collection

?

Should be a emblem/mark on the mouth of the upper scabbard fitting on the DLV/NFSK dagger - two nice dress bayonets one with a stag grip.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I thought the DLV might be an Eickhorn. With respect to whether the DLV dagger has crossguard numbers or not, they would be stamped on the underside of the crossguard. I believe they're unusual to find on an Eickhorn but not unheard of. Most that I see with numbers are made by SMF & the numbers usually come back to some type fo flight or technical school.