MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.

Article about: Hi Guys, Following on from Anzel's thread about a 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger made by Tiger he's considering, here's mine as a comparison. It's a fairly basic later type I believe, with gen

Default Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.

Hi Guys,

Following on from Anzel's thread about a 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger made by Tiger he's considering, here's mine as a comparison. It's a fairly basic later type I believe, with generic parts and a plaster filled grip. The condition is excellent with a nice set of hangers and a great portapee to set it off.

All comments are welcome.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.   Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.  

Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.   Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.  

Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.   Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.
    P
    Many

A couple of extra details showing the blade was double stamped, the very fine 'spring' wire wrapping around the grip, and what's left of the fire gilding on the pommel swastika.

Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.Another 2nd Pattern Luftwaffe Dagger by 'Tiger'.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned!! beautiful and untouched...this dagger has a nice even patina throughout..including the hardware on the Hangers. Everything is matching in condition. I detect a subtle hint of gild left on the pommel swaz. The original owner must of not been much of a beer drinker as he has saved his money to get the ornate feature of of the "oak leaf sprigs applied to the hanger clip. Nice upgrade! Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-22-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

nice set Ned,but wheres the hangers.Lol

Good clean example.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice set Ned i like the mean looking Eagle

If that are traces of fire gilt left on the swastika of the pommel instead of gold paint, then........if you take the pommel from the grip you will find out that the inside of the pommels screw tread is also gilded

Cheers,
    Ger

?

Nice one Ned,very clean example, i like the fact that the scabbard alone has no visible dings, dents etc or the suspension mount collars, all very crisp detailed throughout, and a near perfect portapee

Thanks Guys, it's got a twin brother by the same maker, but it's a Heer dagger. I'll try and post some pic's this week coming.

Regards, Ned.

Hi Ned, very nice Luftwaffe dagger by hard to find marker in beautiful condition. I like your photos with USB microscope - now I decide to purchase one too!

Now I´m waiting for army dagger which you promised to post

Regards Peter

?

Ned,
    Great tiger Luftwaffe dagger! I must say I do love the deluxe hangers with your dagger!