Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified

Article about: After the discussion in my previous post (here: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/luftwa...ener-489265-1/) I rooted in my boxes and found the denazified one I had mentioned. Lo and behold it doe

Default Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified

After the discussion in my previous post (here: Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Dagger....Letter Opener) I rooted in my boxes and found the denazified one I had mentioned.
    Lo and behold it does carry the SMF makers mark and the distributors (salesman's)

I have attached a few photos of the item concerned and then I have added the pictures of both letter openers as a comparison.

Firstly the case:
    The box has two fold over clips and two ornamental hinges.

Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified
    P
    Many

Next photos are general shots of the denazified dagger:
    Box Open showing Interior detail.

Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified

Some Close ups of the denazification!!!

Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified

- - ------- - -

Close up of the SMF makers mark and the Salesman's engraved logo

Close ups of the SMF Logo and salesman's engraved logo

Cased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern DenazifiedCased Luftwaffe 2nd Pattern Denazified

Next is my dilemma.
    I have two daggers/letter openers both with ex Brit Vet provenance and an option to purchase another.
    I have one cased dagger...denazified with missing scabbard rings, original grip wire and lovely marked blade.
    The other one that has missing grip wire but of poorer quality and stained pitted blade.

The other one that may be available is without scabbard, tatty blade but has the grip wire and untouched hilt and pommel.

Do I cut and shut and swap the bits around? Or leave them all alone?

If the option is Cut and Shut and do the Swap how do these daggers come apart?

All the best Doug.

PS Follows are a few comparison shots that seem to prove that the daggers come from the same manufacturer

Here are the comparisons between the two openers:
    First the Eagles:

Back of the hilts:

Close ups of the pommel edges, note one looks to be of poorer dicasting quality and not in the other pictures that the ferrule above the hilt does not carry the oakleaf decoration.

My apologies but I don't have the expertise to merge the pictures but you get the general idea,

Final picture is the oakleaf decoration on the lower edge of the scabbard which I believe makes it fairly conclusive that they are made by the same manufacturer or at least from the same moulds.

All the best Doug

Hello Doug,
    I would suggest that you do NOT cut and swap. If you do, it will be the same as a full sized one, you will only have parts daggers.
    JMHO,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast