Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Combat-converted 1st model Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: by ObKrieger It's not worth the \\$350 asking price to me, but I thought that it was a really neat piece. Adding items to the forum database never hurts. I would not pay 350\\$ for it, but I fin

?

Default Re: Combat-converted 1st model Luftwaffe dagger

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    It's not worth the $350 asking price to me, but I thought that it was a really neat piece. Adding items to the forum database never hurts.
    I would not pay 350$ for it, but I find it interesting none the less. I cling to the hope, that this is a theatre made conversion by a (bored) GI. After convincing myself thus, it somehow does not hurt so much to see a TR dagger 'mutilated.' Back then nobody would have blinked an eye, I guess.
    As for being American made; if you just saw the blade, it could be any number of generic American made knives. A classic American Bowie shape.
    Thanks for posting. Its different. Different is good
    Besides, I/we have seen worse.
    I once saw posted a TR sabre cut down to knife size, bbrrrrrrrrrr .......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hello there,

Agree that it isn't worth $350.00 but in a way it has more history behind it than most other 1st pattern Luft daggers you come across! Interesting piece for sure.

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

It is interesting and unusual. I tend to agree with the theater-made conversion idea..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Great Photos. I would love to know the story on that dagger. Thx for sharing.

Quote by Scout View Post
    I would not pay 350$ for it, but I find it interesting none the less. I cling to the hope, that this is a theatre made conversion by a (bored) GI. After convincing myself thus, it somehow does not hurt so much to see a TR dagger 'mutilated.' Back then nobody would have blinked an eye, I guess.
    As for being American made; if you just saw the blade, it could be any number of generic American made knives. A classic American Bowie shape.
    Thanks for posting. Its different. Different is good
    Besides, I/we have seen worse.
    I once saw posted a TR sabre cut down to knife size, bbrrrrrrrrrr .......
    I suppose the best way to look at it is with a 'What's done is done" attitude.

I would like to have this in my collection but I wish the sellers would accept $200 or so for it. I am glad you have all enjoyed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12