Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dagger grip color!

Article about: Hi guys,i was looking threw/up on the grip color of the german daggers mainly the luft and army as it seams like they were all white back pre 45 ?now i do love the look of the deep orange gr

?

Default Dagger grip color!

Hi guys,i was looking threw/up on the grip color of the german daggers mainly the luft and army as it seams like they were all white back pre 45 ?now i do love the look of the deep orange grips as they realy are very pretty !!but should all have at least one white grip in the collection since thats was was the original look back then ,as they never new they would change color after all of these years..!or does anyone have a picture of a dark looking luft or army dagger?i just never seen one as i been searching ,but you guys are better at that then i...thank you guys hope everyone is haveing a good night?as iam getting a little better...here are two of the 4 i have as one is send out and the other is awaiting the grip wire..the real white one here is wood under,and the off white is a plaster typ inside?the orange one that iam haveing grip wire put one is a hard typ plastic..and i have another plastic over wood one comming as the plastic yellow one i had was broke all up..so i bought one from a site..AND ON THE ONE I HAVE A PEICE OF GRIP WIRE ORDERED SO IT SOULD COME IN THIS WEEK ..THE E-PACK THAT IAM GETTING FIXED IS A NICKLE PLATED BLADE AND HAS A VERY LARGE MAKER ON IT..THATS MY FAVORITE ONE..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger grip color!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dagger grip color!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Dagger grip color!

Here are the 3 with makers on the blade and the 4th one is plain..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger grip color!   Dagger grip color!  

I have a E&F Horster Army dagger with an orange grip..................
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hi steve,im looking for a period picture of a orange grip.

?

I also have two extra pomells if anyone needs one?MY DAGGERS ARE NOT PARTS DAGGERS AS THE FITTINGS ALL MATCH THE MAKER AS I CHECKED THEM ON TOM WITTMANS SITE.THESE WERE JUST SOMETHING I PICKED UP.AS I WAS TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING SO THE COULD GO WITH MY LUFT DAGGERS ,MAYBE PUT THEM ON THE CORNER OF THE GLASS THEY ARE IN?JUST BORED AND TRYING TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING..WHEN EVERYTHING IS DONE/COME BACK I WILL POST THEM ALL TOGETHER..ANYONE HAVE A PERIOD PICTURE OF A ORANGE GRIP DAGGER IN WEAR?

Oh, not like these recent photos of mine ............... ? !

Most period photos are in B&W unless in a war-time publication like 'SIGNAL', or something,
    although I guess coloured grips would appear darker in a black and white photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dagger grip color!   Dagger grip color!  

Dagger grip color!  
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That is a nice one steve!the grip has a glass look to it.I THINK THEY WERE ALL WHITE IN THE START AND CHANGED COLOR WITH TIME?

Quote by pammy View Post
    That is a nice one Steve ! The grip has a glass look to it.
    I don't think I've ever removed the pommel to see, but it's not a Luftwaffe dagger,
    and it's not a period photo !

They do turn darker with age sometimes, although my Army dagger was made in this colour.
    I think it was possible to 'order' the shade you desired - white or orange.

White turns yellow as in your first photo on the left. It depends on the grip materials used,
    and exposure to the elements, smoke, etc. Usually celluloid grips change
    quite drastically....
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 06-13-2010 at 05:17 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Maybe i will put them on the corners of my luft box?

Quote by pammy View Post
    Maybe i will put them on the corners of my luft box?
    They make nice ornaments..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast