Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Daggers

Article about: Hello, Can anyone tell me more about those 2 daggers seen in pictures, please? I don't have any additional pics. The bottom dagger bears Ernst Pack maker mark. Thank you very much.

?

Question Daggers

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me more about those 2 daggers seen in pictures, please?
    I don't have any additional pics. The bottom dagger bears Ernst Pack maker mark.
    Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Daggers   Daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Daggers
    P
    Many

The top one is a second pattern Luftwaffe and the bottom is a first pattern Luftwaffe.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

What about the pommel on the bottom one. Usually with first pattern there are swastikas applied.

?

The second model on top is missing the ferrule ring between hilt and crossguard. The First Model Luft you show has the wrong pommel on it. It is a pommel for a Heer Dress Dagger. Should be a sunwheel pommel like mine shown below.

Daggers
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    The First Model Luft you show has the wrong pommel on it. It is a pommel for a Heer Dress Dagger. Should be a sunwheel pommel like mine shown below.

Daggers
    Does it mean that someone played with it and mismatched pommels?

?

Yep.

Here is the missing ferrule ring as well on the 2nd model. Johnson may have a spare ferrule if your looking to complete the rig. Johnson Reference Books

Daggers

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Yep.

Here is the missing ferrule ring as well on the 2nd model.

Daggers
    Thank you Rossi. I noticed that ferrule ring is missing. My question is are these daggers still worth to get, considering lacking some parts?

?

Quote by jaxmon View Post
    Thank you Rossi. I noticed that ferrule ring is missing. My question is are these daggers still worth to get, considering lacking some parts?
    Yes. If you can live with it as is. I am a purist and like things as they came and not messed with. Trying to put daggers together is a pain in the buttocks and I have never wanted to attempt as patinas on fittings don't match up and also the integrity of the overall piece loses it for me. Just my opinions.

Rossi

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Yes. If you can live with it as is. I am a purist and like things as they came and not messed with. Trying to put daggers together is a pain in the buttocks and I have never wanted to attempt as patinas on fittings don't match up and also the integrity of the overall piece loses it for me. Just my opinions.

Rossi
    Thank you so much I will be able to see them up close on Monday. Then I will decide.