Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Did Luftwaffe Daggers sometimes use army dagger portepee's?

Article about: Every now and then I see one like below, with an army dagger portepee on it. I was recently told they sometimes would use them instead of the shorter Luftwaffe dagger portepee's. Is that tru

Default Did Luftwaffe Daggers sometimes use army dagger portepee's?

Every now and then I see one like below, with an army dagger portepee on it. I was recently told they sometimes would use them instead of the shorter Luftwaffe dagger portepee's. Is that true, or are these simply cases of people using the wrong portepee?

Did Luftwaffe Daggers sometimes use army dagger portepee's?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Did Luftwaffe Daggers sometimes use army dagger portepee's?
    P
    Many

Yes, they did! You can still find some period photos with officers, which are wearing daggers with army knot. And also you can see one in Tom Wittmann book.

Peter

I wouldn't have expected it. I gather German military was very intentional about what they did with uniforms and accessories so this mix and match strikes me as unusual, but really interesting. Thanks Peter!

Check out the period in wear photos sub forum

Luftwaffe
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-24-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry for pointing me to that! These photos are just what I needed. There's stuff here for every branch too, very useful.