Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

early luftwaffe dagger

Article about: Hi all, Can someone give his opinion about this dagger? Is it an original ww2 early dagger? thanks, GRTS, Wesley

?

Default early luftwaffe dagger

Hi all,

Can someone give his opinion about this dagger?

Is it an original ww2 early dagger?

thanks,

GRTS,

Wesley

early luftwaffe daggerearly luftwaffe daggerearly luftwaffe daggerearly luftwaffe daggerearly luftwaffe dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Not postwar that I can see, and not "in hand" I'm gettin the sense that the dagger might be a later period plated zinc based example that seems to be missing some grip wire. The scabbard possibly earlier - that's just a guess without some better pictures. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early luftwaffe dagger  

?

The scabbard is the early type having the nickelsilver chain and fittings.
    The dagger itself is like Fred stated a late "Zinker" and would be a replacer for the Original heavy dagger that once filled that scabbard.
    Both are period pieces.

Ger

I probably should have added that the markings on an earlier nickel silver type of scabbard would indicate that it was a government issue Luftwaffe property scabbard. With the later adoption of the Officer's dagger (so-called 2nd model) the Flyers dagger several years later was to be worn by NCO's and men of the flight crews, with the dagger (only) here probably a private purchase example. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early luftwaffe dagger