Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Etched Blade Pumacher Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: I know that this area of the hobby is chalk full of bad pieces. I have the opportunity to purchase this piece... I am assuming that it is probably bad but I wanted to check with the more exp

Default Etched Blade Pumacher Luftwaffe Dagger

I know that this area of the hobby is chalk full of bad pieces. I have the opportunity to purchase this piece... I am assuming that it is probably bad but I wanted to check with the more experienced members.

Thanks is advance!

Matt
    Etched Blade Pumacher Luftwaffe DaggerEtched Blade Pumacher Luftwaffe Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Blade Pumacher Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Default Re: Etched Blade Pumacher Luftwaffe Dagger

The dagger itself is pre 45, though not in the greatest condition. The blade is post war. The swollen beak and poor etching, makes it easy to spot. This etching pattern is seen on blades by various makers, some with blued panels and varied inscriptions.

Wolfgang

Anymore it is hard to judge the difference when looking at etched blades in a photo compared to In hand inspection. Wolfgang..Good eyes on this!! The market is flooded unfortunately anymore with etched pattern blades,, making it discriminatory on what is really authentic. Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So sad, how could someone destroy a piece of history like that? Hate to see this.

Luckily I happen to have a luft blade that needs a home. Ill probably disassemble this one and put a no problem blade in it.

Matt, there are many of these bad blades floating around.
    AFter a while you will recognize that eagle.
    They used a few maker marks that automatically set off bells, Pumacher is one I always associate with fake blades.