Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I would like to ask you to help me identify if this dagger is original one or not and fair price for it in case it is good one. Here are pictures. Than

?

Default Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you to help me identify if this dagger is original one or not and fair price for it in case it is good one. Here are pictures.
    Thanks, Mike

Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help
    P
    Many

Looks to be a good original as for price i am sorry i cant help you

Looks good from over here. Nice to see the leather cord included with it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Nice one. I see no red flags. These aint cheap especially in the condition yours is in. Plus I have heard the take down versions sometimes command a small premium over the non take down version. You can find these online for dealer prices but I would guess approx $600+. Happy to stand corrected on this

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Lovely one, looks fine to me!
    No red flags.

Ger

I don't like the fit of the grip plate around the disassembly button, and correct me if I'm wrong but this one has the brass or copper looking assembly pins that is a sign of these new fakes? Originals are steel right? (Know mine is the earlier version but I believe they all used the steel pins) Kevin.

Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for helpFallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help

MAP
    ?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    I don't like the fit of the grip plate around the disassembly button, and correct me if I'm wrong but this one has the brass or copper looking assembly pins that is a sign of these new fakes? Originals are steel right? (Know mine is the earlier version but I believe they all used the steel pins) Kevin.
    Kevin,

You may be correct. But to me (from these pictures) the pins don't look brass or copper. I could be wrong, and if so, then I would agree with you.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Kevin i think the rivets are rusted and not made of copper, i think its a good knife.
    If the rivets are copper then it would be a red flag.

Regards,
    Ger

I could be wrong thats for sure, just struck me that the rest of the knife has no rust on the fittings and every pin is rusted? Kevin.

?

Quote by heers68 View Post
    I could be wrong thats for sure, just struck me that the rest of the knife has no rust on the fittings and every pin is rusted? Kevin.
    i see a lot of corrosion/patina on the knife where it aint been polished by hand or lanyard
    i think the same black/brown patina is on the rivets, otherwise when they would be copper/bronze the colour would slightly be different, might even be greenish.
    Here the pics so you can see what i mean.
    Ger
    Fallschirmjager Kappmesser, Gravity Knife by SMF - ask for help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast