?

Default first pattern- opinions please

Original or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement first pattern- opinions please
    P
    Many

Junk
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Collector or Dealer Karlik?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

collector

So Karlik, if you are collector, write or post thread like collector, not like someone who is just too lazy to write more than two words. If you will continue to post this your "dog order" threads, everybody refuse to help you.

Peter

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Junk
    Why Larry?

it lost it middle gripwire halfway, but beneath the pommel its there and looks fine to me, as the gripleather.
    The later nickel plated iron scabbard fittings with alu chain do match the late alcoso logo of the blade, so far i cant see anything wrong......
    Zinc based nickel plated crossguard fits the timeframe well imo.

Ger

Hi Ger,

well dagger looks OK, but try to focus on blade, from photos we can see that blade is polished. Now look at the trade mark - it do not match to examples I saw or own. Trademark is etched too deep - it is not usual for Alcoso - this late trademarks are almost no visible. Next to the polished blade look at the darkening - it is in 100% - that is not good and do not match with overal condition of dagger... it is just my opinion.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Why Larry?

it lost it middle gripwire halfway, but beneath the pommel its there and looks fine to me, as the gripleather.
    The later nickel plated iron scabbard fittings with alu chain do match the late alcoso logo of the blade, so far i cant see anything wrong......
    Zinc based nickel plated crossguard fits the timeframe well imo.

Ger
    PM sent

Between Peter Collector and Gerrit..I am seeing years of expensive experience laced with disappointments the hard way....and growing from heartache and pain of bad decisions in this hobby. We all have been there .

The total amount of money spent for the good and the not so good ...can not even be calculated from just these 2 Gents I mentioned above. All I can say is that it is into the thousands of dollars that this forum is grateful that we can learn through these disappointments . The forum is thankful for guys like these and many countless others here within.

I mention these 2 Gents because of the participation in this thread that has costed them thousands of dollars and time..to give freely their years of knowledge.
    In return .a small gesture of thanks for saving a person what could be the cost of a moderate mortgage would be a mere $25 membership fee to join this expansive website.

Mr Karlik is short of words..but hopefully in time that he can join the ranks here on the WRF.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Junk
    In response to my above post concerning this 1st Luftwaffe dagger ...there may be a misinterpretation in my word that I used describing the 1st Luft as "Junk"

I have no issues with this dagger being authentic ...but in American slang when describing something in poor condition the same as a Beat up BMW we tend to call it junk because of condition..and not against authenticity.

Would I purchase this dagger?....personal preference ...No ! I prefer ...a better conditioned example. There also may be some issues with this as Peter points out also..that needs further study.

If I feel something is repro or fake..I will call it as such ..or parted junk. Overall ..the dagger with some questions is in less favorable condition..but in my mind ....Junk.

I apologize for any misinterpretation due to the terminology across the ocean and how adjectives and nouns can be used in the same context.

Regards Larry