MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ Gravity knife at auction

Article about: I think if it looks like this it should fit ask Lakesidetrader to be sure. The bund blade should work. You can get a complete bund knife for 60\\$ or less not the same marks but you would have

Default FJ Gravity knife at auction

I spotted this paratrooper knife at a local auction. Obviously it is damaged. It is missing the lanyard connector, one side is loose and the blade button is missing. So, my question would be is this worth pursuing? I've handled this type of knife before but admit to being ignorant of the fine points. The marking on the spike looks to be a Waffenamt eagle with a 5 in the middle. It has no other markings.
    Good for display? Good for parts? Good for nothing? If it has some value what would it be? And - can it be repaired? NH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FJ Gravity knife at auction   FJ Gravity knife at auction  

FJ Gravity knife at auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ Gravity knife at auction
    P
    Many

Default re: FJ Gravity knife at auction

i would pass on it....... these knives are almost imposseble to reassemble or use for parts.
    unless the one who is selling this knife wants to sell it realy cheap!

greetings,
    Eddy

I would pass on it too.

Cheers, Ade.

OK. What if I get it for $50? NH

If it were that kind of price, then I guess it would be OK. Up to you.

Cheers, Ade.

mdapple
    ?

Default Re: FJ Gravity knife at auction

I have an original "Take down" version of this knife with a broken blade. I think I could use the blade from your knife to repair mine. Do you still have the knife and would you consider selling it?

Hi mdapple do have pics of yours I may be of some help with a bund style.
    And welcome to the forum.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Unfortunately, even for 50 bucks, I think you'd end up with 50 dollars sitting forever in a "possible projects" box that will never be able to have the needed work done to it. These gravity knives were almost all individually tooled and assembled, so there Really isn't all that much you can do with one that's only partially there. Best save your money and put it towards a decent one. More costly, but in the long run, a solid investment. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

mdapple
    ?

No photos yet. Just got it from my deceased cousin's tool box. Individually made for sure as the parts are all numbered. I could use a Dremel tool to machine off interference. I'm told that the blades used for new models and reproductions will work. I requested a quote for a replacement blade from Cole Distributing who sells a new German Parachutist's gravity knife: see Cope's Distributing
    I'll let this discussion know how it works out when all is done with a few pics. I was initially considering fabricating a blade from Walmart cooking knife but I have not yet checked what's on the shelves to find a match.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Unfortunately, even for 50 bucks, I think you'd end up with 50 dollars sitting forever in a "possible projects" box that will never be able to have the needed work done to it. These gravity knives were almost all individually tooled and assembled, so there Really isn't all that much you can do with one that's only partially there. Best save your money and put it towards a decent one. More costly, but in the long run, a solid investment. William
    Dear William you are replying to a old thread and (mdapple) and I are on a diff subject but I agree with the year old thread! though.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-27-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast