Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FJ Gravity knife leather case

Article about: Does anyone know if the Fallschrimjager knife was issued or supplied with a case or pouch? Mine was is a black leather pouch. Maybe private purchase item?

Default FJ Gravity knife leather case

Does anyone know if the Fallschrimjager knife was issued or supplied with a case or pouch? Mine was is a black leather pouch. Maybe private purchase item?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FJ Gravity knife leather case   FJ Gravity knife leather case  

FJ Gravity knife leather case  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FJ Gravity knife leather case
    P
    Many

Interesting accoutrement and first I have seen. Im sure the FJ Knife collectors can further comment on the pouch.
    Also very Great to see the ever so rare attached lanyard that goes with this type knife.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry for the quick reply and I appreciate the comments!

Hello, your gravity knife is unfortunaly just copy. It is not original war piece. So the leather pouch is also self made after war.

Jiri

Jiri, I would appreciate the specific reference points you use to indicate this example is a reproduction vs original. Or direct me to the source of specifications to determine originality please.

Quote by Iconsofglory View Post
    Jiri, I would appreciate the specific reference points you use to indicate this example is a reproduction vs original. Or direct me to the source of specifications to determine originality please.
    Yes, I too would like to learn. I know little of these (I only have a Bundeswehr item traded with a German colleague in the '80s) but I know they are a nightmare to authenticate with more fakes than originals around. Please enlighten me!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Ok. Here some main signs of the fake. Original SMF gravity knife type II (disasembling version) doesnt have any logo on the blade. Only first type SMF knife had logo on the blade and the logo was etched by acid. Your knife is type II and has logo (that is bad) and the logo is stamped (not etched like original piece, that is also bad). Next sign is bad shape of the metal head/bolster. It is sligthly different shape from original piece. Next sign is the poor wood on your grips. Next sign is the arrow you have on the metal blade is significanr for Weyersberg manufacturer. SMF arrow is simplier and different from the arrow on your knife. There are more signs on your knife how to recognize it is fake (this fake version was made in our country Czech republic). I cooperate on book about gravity knives, so I know what i am talking about ;-)

You can buy that book and read the chapter about fakes/copies gravity knife. I highly recommend this book to all gravity knife collectors. It is must have book ;-)

Jiri

Thanks for that.
    I would be interested to know more about the book. Can you post a link to a source?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It is book: Luftwaffe Gravity Knife: Weapon, Tool, Tradition, 2018 written by Jan Peter Brüning (my friend).The printed version is already sold, but maybe you will find any on ebay or somewhere on the internet. Peter is preparing next volume with some new information, so I suppose there will be soon for sale.

YOu can also buy the digital version in pdf. it is for sale on ebay:

E-Book (PDF): Luftwaffe Gravity Knife: Weapon, Tool, tradition, 2018 | eBay

Jiri

I see now what you mean by the logo being the stamped type. Thankyou Shellmac for the education

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast