Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German Dagger

Article about: I picked this up yesterday, along with a Luft Dinner Knife and a couple of pre-WW1 Manuals Can anyone tell me if this is WW1 or WW2? I have tried to take close ups of the faint markings on b

?

Default German Dagger

I picked this up yesterday, along with a Luft Dinner Knife and a couple of pre-WW1 Manuals
    Can anyone tell me if this is WW1 or WW2?
    I have tried to take close ups of the faint markings on both sides of the blade, however they are not very clear.

Thank you
    Dean O
    Canada

German DaggerGerman DaggerGerman DaggerGerman Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Dagger
    P
    Many

It looks like a luftwaffe knife from ww2 era. I cant tell you if its good or not but it sure look old.

Hard to tell, as they are making repros of this exact knife and aging them to near perfection these days. From the condition of the guard on yours, I would say that this one looks good. I'm not seeing any marks on it. It looks to be WWI.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It looks to be an abused/neglected WW II Luft. issue Kampfmesser.
    Check the markings with a loupe to see if there is a stick eagle with a 5 or a 6 stamped on it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Here is the "fighting knife" as well as the Luft mess knife it came with, and again it came with 2 pre WW1 German Manuals that I have put on other threads.

Dean O
    Canada

German DaggerGerman DaggerGerman DaggerGerman Dagger

Not much to go on with this Auerswald Producer

Gustav Auerswald
    Besteckfabrik, Grunhain, Sachsen

Est. 1844
    Produced Wares and Cutlery

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you again Guys.

We have one member think the fighting knife is WW1 and another thinking WW2..Still trying to figure that one out.

Dean O
    Canada

Quote by CampX View Post
    Thank you again Guys.

We have one member think the fighting knife is WW1 and another thinking WW2..Still trying to figure that one out.

Dean O
    Canada
    Dean, did you take a look at the marking on the blade with a loupe?
    No question, WW II.
    Ralph.

German Dagger
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)