Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German luftwaffe dagger - please help

Article about: how do i start a new thread? I did once but cant seem to figure it out again??

Default German luftwaffe dagger - please help

Hi,
    I have been offered this Luft dagger in a trade.
    I mostly collect US WWII items so I am not real familiar with German items and their value.
    Can you please tell me whether it appears authentic?
    Also, what is the dagger's approximate value?
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German luftwaffe dagger - please help   German luftwaffe dagger - please help  

German luftwaffe dagger - please help   German luftwaffe dagger - please help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German luftwaffe dagger - please help
    P
    Many

Hi Anton..the dagger in question looks good but may be parted. Wait for other comments..someone will be along shortly..and I will move this thread to the Luftwaffe forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

No need to comment further, now that Harry has given it the nod.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    No need to comment further, now that Harry has given it the nod.
    Just put them in the scabbard the right way around before Ade gets onto it
    looks ok to me aswell
    cheers Ronnie

Thank you but what is the value of this dagger?

Hello Anton, Try comparing it to some being offered for sale on such sites as Lakesidetrader and Wittmann's. It is a decent dagger and in good condition, I do not think that you would be able to find another like it for less than $6-700 minimum and on the right day, quite likely considerably more.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you for the opinion on value.

Anton 67, Average dagger prices have been down in the US in the last few years. In my experience your dagger while being a nice example of a correct looking earlier Horster, is in average condition and in a person to collector sale would bring more in the $400 to $500 dollar range. Less to a dealer. Not trying to rain on your parade, just my opinion. Kevin.

Hello again,
    I ended up making the trade.
    I got it in the mail today.
    What do you guys think?
    Also I do not have a lot of daggers but I have heard that they can rust.
    What is the best way to preserve them?
    I thought about putting a little CLP on the blade.
    Any thoughts?

BTW, the handle is more Ivory than yellow as it appears in the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German luftwaffe dagger - please help   German luftwaffe dagger - please help  

Still looks great..and still representative of the Luftwaffe. Wipe down the blade very well..and apply a coat of Ren Wax.... available on Amazon.com
    Attached Images Attached Images German luftwaffe dagger - please help 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast