Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe offcers' dagger - Opinions

Article about: Hi All Looking for my first militaria purchase and this dagger has caught my eye. It is listed as a German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe officers' dagger by Alcosa. I have had a look

Default A German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe offcers' dagger - Opinions

Hi All

Looking for my first militaria purchase and this dagger has caught my eye. It is listed as a German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe officers' dagger by Alcosa. I have had a look at pictures of others but they all seem in better condition so hard to know if real.

Can anyone tell me if it is good and proper? The source it is available from I do trust to believe it is real.

A German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe offcers' dagger - OpinionsA German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe offcers' dagger - OpinionsA German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe offcers' dagger - Opinions

If anyone can help, would be much appreciated.

Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A German Third Reich second pattern Luftwaffe offcers' dagger - Opinions
    P
    Many

Can't enlarge the pictures but looks like a good used & abused 2nd pattern Luft with the Alcosa trade mark from 1941 I believe , Regards Paul

Thanks Paul. All good to know. Will see if I can get better close up pics tomorrow.

?

To be honest, unless you were getting it for practically nothing (or sentimental reasons I guess) I wouldn't spend money on this one. The blade is done, the grip is broken, the cross guard is missing the swastika. I would save up the money from this one and buy one in better condition.

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    To be honest, unless you were getting it for practically nothing (or sentimental reasons I guess) I wouldn't spend money on this one. The blade is done, the grip is broken, the cross guard is missing the swastika. I would save up the money from this one and buy one in better condition.
    I second this.
    It will be a tough sell when you decide to move it on.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Dave ...kind of in rough condition..and de nazified

Photos are not the greatest but appears to be authentic.
    Please consider our forum sponsor who has these reasonably priced > Luftwaffe Daggers | Lakesidetrader

Save your money on an unmolested and whole example...it will be a piece of history to have proud ownership of.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TWS
    ?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    That's what I was going to say. Condition is always important, but it's super important in the dagger arena. Even if you got it cheap, it wouldn't appreciate in value like the really nice ones and would be tougher to resell if you got tired of it.

Didn't spot the denazification on my phone, was to busy looking at the reverse, totally agree with the others, condition is everything, Regards, Paul

Thanks for all the replies. Have seen the ones for sale from the trader and let's say a big difference in price. Would have thought rougher ones would be of greater interest but this is reason I joined the forum. There is another couple of daggers in sale so will take a look at see what condition they are in.

This is the type of dagger that, unless you had every single variation, and were now trying to get every variation of shitty daggers, you'd be wise to leave well alone. You'd only regret buying it as soon as it arrived