Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Gravity Knife?

Article about: Greetings... So it comes down to me asking for prices! I know some of you hate the topics were people are simply asking for "whats the price of this...that...etc." Well gents! I wa

Default Gravity Knife?

Greetings...

So it comes down to me asking for prices! I know some of you hate the topics were people are simply asking for "whats the price of this...that...etc." Well gents! I was offered a, appears genuine, gravity knife with the eagle and numbers matching made by "Paul Weyersberg". It does have the 'silver'/steel rivets and the wood looks real nice and solid. The only thing I forgot to check was the takedown mechanism (spring)

His asking price is $200?
    Does this seem reasonable?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gravity Knife?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gravity Knife?

Seems like a good price the main thing is that you are happy, try to haggle a few bob off it when you get the notes out? You don't ask you don't get?

Jock

That is very cheap. Buy it.

Cheers, Ade.

There's several gravity knives on ruptured duck militaria. They start at $595 and go up to $1395. The most expensive (over a grand) are made by Weyersberg, so it looks as though your on a winner.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Luft Gravity Knives go for like 800-900USD on average. Obviously if he's asking $200 for one in good condition that is beyond a good price. Almost too good to be true. If the guy is selling for that than he most just be someone who happened to have one in his possession who is not any kind of conscious collector. Certainly not of TR stuff.

Do you have any pictures?

If a genuine example in good condition, $200 is unheard of !

I've seen tired, poorly sharpened and worn bladed types for $450.

Please post a few shots when you can.......
    Regards,

Steve.

Well gents, I should have taken pictures when I had the chance!
    I didnt make it in on the weekend as I had hoped, I went in during the week and sure enough were it was placed was not only in my line of sight but someone elses as well. I had also heard I didnt read the price correctly, it sold for $300.
    I suppose a loss either way, some knife collector got a good catch or a military collector is prancing around like Gollum right now showing his wife his "precioussss".

Next time!

Tough break, friend. I'm afraid that there probably won't be a next time. Not at 300.. Unless of course it was fake. Then the joke's on Gollum.