Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gravity knife unmarked.

Article about: Guys I picked this up today it seems to be time period correct. it is very Hefty but has an unmarked blade. This thing is dinged up dirty and grungy and it appears that this gravity knife ha

Default Gravity knife unmarked.

Guys I picked this up today it seems to be time period correct. it is very Hefty but has an unmarked blade. This thing is dinged up dirty and grungy and it appears that this gravity knife has a release lever possibly from a first pattern gravity knife as it is Blue or blackened steel. Any help as to verification of authenticity would be greatly appreciated. I have four other gravity knives all different makers_helbig,weyersberg,smf etc. but this is my first unmarked example I have been able to put my hands on. to mee it looks as if the lever release spring on the knife has been replaced but looks like very long ago, along with the repplacement lever im thinking it could just be a period repair?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife unmarked.   Gravity knife unmarked.  

Gravity knife unmarked.   Gravity knife unmarked.  

Last edited by chuck303; 05-23-2018 at 03:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gravity knife unmarked.
    P
    Many

pictures needed.
    John

working on it , got em up

For my eye it looks like some parts have been scrubbed pretty hard and a couple of replaced parts with what they had. Wait for other opinions. Pictures of the entire blade and the spike would be more helpful. Take a couple of pics with the blade and spike open. The length of each in proportion to the knife are important. Quality of pics are good.
    John

Got pics up. Having issues with the mobile website. i just got in better lighting and noticed it is numbered 201 on the inside of the knife by the base.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife unmarked.   Gravity knife unmarked.  

The knife is 10 inches from tip to base without the spike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife unmarked.  
    Last edited by chuck303; 05-23-2018 at 06:44 AM.

after looking at the blade and gently wiping with a cotton cloth i see what i believe a paul weyersberg logo that has been heavily polished, i did not see this as there was patina and gunk on the blade.

So far the details sound good
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The Weyersberg knives i have seen sofar where numbered on the release lever and on the base that holds the lever.
    Does it have these numbers?
    Sofar only thing that would bother me is the regrind the blade had.

Ger

I did not see any number on the release latch or base that holds it. But there is so much grease and gunk that after i use a small brush to clean it off i will have a second glance but i know the lever is unmarked. I will take better photos in daylight soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast