Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gravity knife by Weyersberg

Article about: I have just bought a box of bits and pieces which all appear to have come from the German tunnels over here in Jersey, Channel Islands. Which is where a lot of the German kit was put at the

Default Gravity knife by Weyersberg

I have just bought a box of bits and pieces which all appear to have come from the German tunnels over here in Jersey, Channel Islands. Which is where a lot of the German kit was put at the end of the German Occupation and entrance to the tunnels sealed up. Obviously people over time started to dig out the entrance and took souvenirs and the kit I have just picked up is part of it. This gravity knife was in the box and it was a surprising albeit battered find. I can only assume a Luftwaffe man had it and used it here as we had no paratroopers stationed here although it is said a couple we shipped here after the German naval raid on Granville.
    Anyway the knife has had a really hard life, the blade retaining clip and that for the marlin spike are missing. The blade has been almost sharpened to non existence but the makers mark is pretty good...Paul Weyersberg & co Solingen. The blade has also been double pinned in the open position.The marlin spike has a luft acceptance stamp on it. I am not sure what to do with it as its too far gone for me to want to keep, does anyone know anyone who would be interested in such a knife. Maybe its good for parts? An indication as to what is a fair price for such a relic would be appreciated, I guess maybe a younger collector might like it as a good example maybe too far out of reach.
    I would be interested to see what some of you think
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gravity knife by Weyersberg   Gravity knife by Weyersberg  

Gravity knife by Weyersberg   Gravity knife by Weyersberg  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gravity knife by Weyersberg
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gravity knife by Weyersberg

Hi mate, nice worn knife.
    I wouldn't mind it's rough condition but the pinned blade to the open position is an issue IMO.
    Nice find anyway. Cheers.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I am sure the pins could be removed and cut to allow the blade to retract but then its not going to be held in place either.
    D.

I would leave it as is, a nice salty relic and it would look great under a display case with some other Luft items, no need to mess with something in shaky condition.

I agree with Max..would look great as is!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Obviously its used by a gartner, cuttings weeds between the pavement

despite the other members here i understand your need to get the blade into the grip

Ger