Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gunshow boot knife real or fake?

Article about: I do not like buying things at gunshows unless I am familiar with them,is this a good boot knife or a fake? Paid 90.00 for it,blade has some spotting.

Default Gunshow boot knife real or fake?

I do not like buying things at gunshows unless I am familiar with them,is this a good boot knife or a fake? Paid 90.00 for it,blade has some spotting.Have not tried to clean it,probably make it worse,not a fan of cleaning blades.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gunshow boot knife real or fake?   Gunshow boot knife real or fake?  

Gunshow boot knife real or fake?   Gunshow boot knife real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gunshow boot knife real or fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks perfect. Rivets and handle look correct. Scabbard as well. Looks just like mine but mine is marked 6

I'm was sure there is a dedicated thread here on these blades. But couldn't find it.

Wish I had photos of mine to show you for comparison as it is in nice condition but here is an thread with great photos. Member Reibert is a pro on these and Ralph knows his stuff to

Luftwaffe Kampfmesser
    Last edited by MAP; 08-25-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's a good one at a great price!
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Guys appreciate it!Dont think these maker marked,any idea who made these?Nice group of knives Ralph!

Thats a cool one toecutter. Blade looks longer than most this style. Got me wondering on the maker too. Bit of homework for me this weekend!

These can be found with a stick eagle 5, a stick eagle 6, W and S.
    The example posted is the normal length.
    Here is my example marked S.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I changed my post. It said "near mint"...I obviously was wrong....especially after seeing Ralphs!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Beautifull luft boot knives guys, wow! Thanks for showing them!Great info too!My luft dagger has no maker mark but some say the style of the fittings suggest who made it,these are pretty much all the same so must be one unknown maker ?Here is another boot knife,had it for many years,I think I see one in Ralfs display,wont tell you what I paid but it was no more than a regular puma made knife!The scabbard has some paint missing but knife itself is pretty nice cond.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gunshow boot knife real or fake?   Gunshow boot knife real or fake?  

Awesome looking Puma. Am sure quality was top notch. Only puma I got is a 1966 made Skinner hunting knife I held onto all these years. Far from a war relic but was amazed what the carbon bladed models from the 60s are selling for.

Thanks mauser!Puma made good knives,I have some puma pocket knives and they are good quality.