Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Hello everyone, This piece is for sale locally and I am thinking about buying it, but there is something unusual about it. There is an eagle/swastika button or medallion of some sort inlaid

Default Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger

Hello everyone,

This piece is for sale locally and I am thinking about buying it, but there is something unusual about it. There is an eagle/swastika button or medallion of some sort inlaid into the pommel, and what looks like the center of a party badge in the cross guard. The other side is that of a normal Luft Type 1. The blade is SMF marked, and in good condition. I'm sure the dagger is real, but I have never seen these types of inlays before. Has anyone seen one of these before? What would be a fair price to pay for it? I apologize for the poor quality of my photos, they were taken with my phone. Any help on identification or value would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Default re: Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger

These items should not be fitted to the dagger. The eagle is a button, the swastika is a stick pin (I think) and these will have most likely been placed there post war.

I would certainly pass on it. The clip to the chain has been messed with too.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default re: Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger

I agree with Ade. If you want a good example of a first pattern Luftwaffe dagger this one isn't for you.

However, one side is ok and if you didn't mind the other side being as it is and the price was very cheap it would do as a display piece but bear in mind it will be hard to sell on again at a later date because of the changes.

It's been mucked about with and therefore the price should reflect this.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger

Its a shame to see History defaced like this!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Re: Help Needed to ID Unusual Type 1 Luftwaffe Dagger

Better put your money in a decent piece, there's a great one in the classified ads here!"