Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Help please.

Article about: Hello everyone I would welcome your opinions please on the attached photos. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks John

Default Help please.

Hello everyone

I would welcome your opinions please on the attached photos.
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    JohnHelp please.Help please.Help please.Help please.Help please.Help please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please.
    P
    Many

a nice original 1st pattern luft dagger.

Looks like a nice 1st pattern Luftwaffe later production pot metal plated version ,love that patina ,regards paul

Thanks for your reply Harry.
    John

Thanks for your reply Paul. When you say it's a late production would you know the approximate date?
    Cheers
    John

Hello, you just have outstanding 1st. Model Luftwaffe dagger! It is mid-period piece, produced after end of using brass fittings, probably late in 1936. But for this mid-period pieces is charakteristic that they were produce until the end of production time. So aluminium fittings and this zinc fittings were produced both together. So it is impossible to say exact year.

It is also interesting to note that yours dagger is unique, because it seems to have almost all plating. Scabbard has Iron parts and chain and clips are aluminium.

Best regards

Peter

Many thanks for the information and kind words Peter, very much appreciated.
    Best wishes
    John

I would welcome any advice on what to do with preserving the current state of the dagger.
    I don't intend cleaning it but would a thin coat of wax help, especially on the leather?
    Thanks again
    John