Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: That is very usefull info about these Herder blades, thank you Gents for the info Sharing is the key to knowledge! Regards, Ger

?

Default Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger

I hear "crossed keys" herder 2nd lufts are scarce, verging on rare. Thoughts on this and what a fair price is for one with a mint blade and the rest excellent? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

Default re: Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger

I think they are scarce. A mint one would probably sell for around $900.00, especially to someone who collects by makers.

?

Default re: Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger

many thanks, heer!

dw

Quote by heers300 View Post
    I think they are scarce. A mint one would probably sell for around $900.00, especially to someone who collects by makers.

Is there any truth in the possibility..of Friedrich Herder producing 2nd Model Luftwaffe daggers?...I only have a listing..on Richard Herder ( Diamond logo ) making Luftwaffe daggers. I would like to include F. Herder on the "Pinned" Luftwaffe producers listing at the top of this sub forum. Here is a photo of the "Cross key logo" an not sure which blade this is coming from. Any thoughts from the Luft Gents and others? Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

by the looks of the crossguard..which is fuzzy in the photo..it appears to be 2nd Luftwaffe
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This is the dagger that belongs to the blade you show us Larry:
    a Johnny Westhost sale:
    Time Traveler Militaria - WW2 German Luftwaffe Dagger
    cheers,
    Ger
    Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger

Sweet !! Gerrit gets a choice of any Barmaid..and months worth of beer. . Great work..and will add it to the Luftwaffe list. Regards Larry

Not only the dagger is rare IMO...but the original post was dated from 2009..and the ad still listed after all this time.... which in most cases would of been deleted by now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger   Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger  

Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger   Herder 2nd pattern Luftwaffe dagger  

I heard that there was a bunch of different types of minty unused Third Reich era blades bearing this "Crossed Keys" logo discovered in the 60's in Solingen and they were brought back and have been finding "new homes" ever since.. anyone else heard about that?? Kevin.

Not good news if true...as they would be made for Heer daggers..and put together on Luft parts.

Question: Is there any tang markings that may be known on F.Herder examples..that the Heer and Luft community may know about? Regards Larry

Kevin you are correct Sir. Johnson found a bunch of unused original blades on one of his trips to Solingen scouring the area for parts. I see they are no longer being offered so the stock must has sold through. They are distinctive and all were mint. As a result F. Herder blades on Army's and 2nd Luft style daggers today cause those "in the know" to be suspicious.
    Larry as to your question, I do not think it matters, as the blades that were sold Johnson were pre-1945 so undetectable from those that were issued on daggers.
    I make no judgement on the dagger in question, rather just speak to the blade question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast