Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holler 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger.

Article about: I was contacted by a man that wanted to trade his German Heer dagger for my LW stahlhelmet. I have little to none experience with Heer daggers and would love to hear your input on this one S

Default Holler 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger.

I was contacted by a man that wanted to trade his German Luftwaffe dagger for my LW stahlhelmet.
    I have little to none experience with Luftwaffe daggers and would love to hear your input on this one

Sorry, these are the best pictures I could get my hands on.
    Edit.. TYPO
    Last edited by Normandie; 01-30-2018 at 04:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holler 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger.
    P
    Many

Another thing.. where is the Swastika on the end of the dagger?

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Another thing.. where is the Swastika on the end of the dagger?
    Good question. And it's also missing the wire wrap on the handle, which looks to have some splitting/cracking in it? If the helmet is in good shape with a fair decal I'd say keep it JMO. Best regards.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 01-30-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
    The helmet is not in it's best shape, got some rust to it but the decal looks good.

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.
    The helmet is not in it's best shape, got some rust to it but the decal looks good.
    If the helmet is intact with liner, chinstrap etc if it were me I'd keep it. The luft dagger in the condition it's in would be $300-400 max imo. Unless there's something I'm missing about it rarity etc..but it's been de nazified and is in poor condition. Best regards.

Brian

Here's one for offer on Wittman's site I believe of an earlier make and in vgc asking price of $895 for comparison.

Wittmann Militaria #39536 2nd Model Luftwaffe Officer's Dagger - F. W. Holler

I agree the dagger has some issues,not worth over 250.00 IMO.I would keep the helmet.

Keep your Helmet is my advice to many issues with this dagger, one of the scabbard bands and suspension rings is missing also ! Regards ,Paul

Moved to Luftwaffe dagger forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    If the helmet is intact with liner, chinstrap etc if it were me I'd keep it. The luft dagger in the condition it's in would be $300-400 max imo. Unless there's something I'm missing about it rarity etc..but it's been de nazified and is in poor condition. Best regards.

Brian

Here's one for offer on Wittman's site I believe of an earlier make and in vgc asking price of $895 for comparison.

Wittmann Militaria #39536 2nd Model Luftwaffe Officer's Dagger - F. W. Holler
    $150 Max

Of the same opinion as the others, this dagger in my own opinion has waaay too many problems. As mentioned the defaced pommel, missing scabbard band/ring, poor condition blade. Besides the missing wire what looks like possibly some cracking of the grip etc. - on what appears to be a late production dagger. That is not that rare because it was also an EM dagger for a number of Luftwaffe personnel. Best Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast