Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kampfmesser ( Boot / fighting knife ) der Wehrmacht Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi all, Picked up this nice Luftwaffe combat knife earlier in the week and it arrived with me today. I didn't know exactly which photos to take of it but it is in very good condition, the 3

Default Kampfmesser ( Boot / fighting knife ) der Wehrmacht Luftwaffe

Hi all,

Picked up this nice Luftwaffe combat knife earlier in the week and it arrived with me today.

I didn't know exactly which photos to take of it but it is in very good condition, the 3 rivets are tight and there is no cracking in the wooden handles. The blade has obviously been well used but is free from rust and still has some crossgrain evident near the crossguard. There is a number 5 stamped on the blade, I imagine this might be some sort of acceptance stamp?

The scabbard is in excellent condition with nearly all of the original paint remaining.

Simple design but interesting at the same time.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfmesser ( Boot / fighting knife ) der Wehrmacht Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kampfmesser ( Boot / fighting knife ) der Wehrmacht Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

A nice one Jamie, congrats!
    I have noticed with the examples in my collection that the stick eagle 6 are finished a little better than stick eagle 5 marked knives.
    These can also be found with a S or a W stamped on the blade without the acceptance mark.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Very nice Jamie.

Very Nice Jamie.... I like the condition..especially the scabbard paint.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thumbs up

I see that your knife has no maker code or date.
    Mine is hat 1942 and is not proofed.
    Sarge

Glad you like it. It is a nice knife. (Sold at Hansons last week)

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I see that your knife has no maker code or date.
    Mine is hat 1942 and is not proofed.
    Sarge
    Sarge, your example is an Infantriemesser 42, therefore, the markings you state are correct for this type. It is not a Luftwaffe kampfmesser.
    I saved the photo you posted from a previous thread here.
    German boot knife
    You will see that it is a little different and so are the markings.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kampfmesser ( Boot / fighting knife ) der Wehrmacht Luftwaffe  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)