Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Little help Identifying sword

Article about: Well ill give the story behind the sword first. The story goes that growing up my father lived across the street from a ww2 veteran. So one day he gave this sword to my dad and told him that

PLC
    ?

Default Little help Identifying sword

Well ill give the story behind the sword first. The story goes that growing up my father lived across the street from a ww2 veteran. So one day he gave this sword to my dad and told him that he shot and killed a German soldier in the war and took this off of him. Over the years his family and my fathers became close I guess that is why he gave the sword to him so the other day my Dad gave it to me and told the story. Now i did look over the sword and on the blade there is this Steinbach and what i belive is marked 1kcm1 then there is also helbig and F.A with some other lettering i cant make out. I have a picture of the handle of the sword that i will post it has the carrier part to it as well with the leather piece that attatches to a belt. when i first looked at it i thought maybe a airman dress sword or somthing. Im just curius to find out what sword it really is and how much it is worth it is in beautiful shape. any info would be greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Little help Identifying sword  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Little help Identifying sword

German WWII Luftwaffen Officers sword - check out the below posting.

Horst

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...e-sword-16649/
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

PLC
    ?

Default Re: Little help Identifying sword

hm interesting any idea on the value of them?