Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luft Dagger 2nd Model Herder.

Article about: Hello all! I am planning to add a second model Luftwaffe dagger to my LW blade collection, i been looking at this Herder i like what i see, but i put it up here for review first. All opinion

Default Luft Dagger 2nd Model Herder.

Hello all!

I am planning to add a second model Luftwaffe dagger to my LW blade collection, i been looking
    at this Herder i like what i see, but i put it up here for review first. All opinions are apriciated.

Best Regards Tobias

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Dagger 2nd Model Herder.
    P
    Many

?

I am not an expert on these and only have 1 myself, But I do like this one. My first K98 bayonet was a Rich A Herder.. I got a soft spot for that maker. He was my first!!!
    I love the look/ color of the handle on this one.
    It looks very nice to me.
    So wait for the experts to chime.
    Good Luck
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you Phil! yeah i also love the handle color on this one! i never looked much after second model LW daggers becasue my first love are the first model and the LWsword but this one caught my eyes.

?

Looks good to me, I really like the handle!

?

So is this a handle that has changed color with age or is this a variant?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil i dont know but you dont see them very often i think, and again i dont look after second model that much so i may be wrong.
    i found another one with same handle color for sale here

WWII German 2nd Model Luftwaffe Officer's Dagger - Warpath

?

I checked out Whittmans site. He usually has a couple of dozen second pattern Luftwaffe but nothing was this dark of orange handle. The handle really makes this Dagger appealing.

Nothing wrong with the grip color or the producer. > Luftwaffe Dagger Producers

The grip was made of trolon and was destined overtime to change that color due to the amount of exposure to the light or being very close to a window.
    These daggers didnt leave the factory in varied colors ..but all within the same lighter type.
    You may see many dagger types in the current residing threads within this sub forum of many hues. This color is no different.

Most desirable among collectors is the pumpkin color.

Now onto the dagger. I feel this is a parts dagger at best with the pommel being the generic type WKC uses.
    The grip eagle just doesnt have that badass look in its eyes compared to the other producer types.
    A photo of the oakleaf relief on top of the crossguard will help further identify a producer.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry thanks! i posted two different dagger with same grip color here as you see. when you say parts dagger i guess you mean the first one the Herder i been looking at, anyway i got some more pics of the Herder here see if it helps anymore.

Cheers

Need one more photo Tobias ...as requested ..please one photo to see the top of the crossguard.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast