Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Luft Gravity knife

Article about: Hi All Opinions needed for this gravity knife by advance thanks Kind regards

Unless the blade was lost? If its a well known repro can anybody supply any links to this to compare?

Im still sticking with the copper rivet theory, but if this is a replica, it is a serious future threat to originals if the blade was aged.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Gravity knife
    P
    Many

The rivets are not normally copper in the fake knives, but brass. I'm pretty certain the whole thing is bogus. A fake SMF gravity knife runs at $98 at current prices. Also the quality of reproduction is getting better, but not yet good enough if you know what to look for. The best copies are currently Czech made.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Unless the blade was lost? If its a well known repro can anybody supply any links to this to compare?

Im still sticking with the copper rivet theory, but if this is a replica, it is a serious future threat to originals if the blade was aged.
    As I said before,
    "As Ned has said, the king's nose, and the vertical lines on the clothing do not come down far enough to touch the horizontal line at the bottom."
    Aged blades in a good condition handle would be a red flag to start with.
    Here you go Matty,
    SMF Flight knife. - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

gunscollecting seem to have a similar version to the one being discussed. blade appears to be the same? make what you will guys, be back later. matty

German Paratruper/Luftwaffe WWII Gravity Knife | Guns collecting of military or historical interest

?

This is an interesting one!!!!

Cool

You guys are doing it to me again - I've had to dash back to my gravity knife ( bought decades ago ) to check on rivets and markings......

I'm happy to say it's passed muster, but the stress is all too much !

?

What I can tell You is the arrow is a Paul Weyersberg mark.It has flights on the arrow shaft. SMF does not have flights on the arrow.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    What I can tell You is the arrow is a Paul Weyersberg mark.It has flights on the arrow shaft. SMF does not have flights on the arrow.
    That's incorrect lew, have you been looking at the book with the pictures of both makers side by side? That particular pic was an editorial mistake. SMF takedown gravity knives DO have the 6 lines representing the fletching whilst the Weyersberg has the slimmer arrow as seen below.

Luft Gravity knife

Photo pinched from the chap in Ralph's link.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank You Ned. Im wrong and Ive just learnt something!!! I thought We were getting some where then.

Its been cleaned to hell, but to be honest it looks ok. Is the picture of the maker mark supplied by woolgar definitely the take down model and not of the early non take down model? We do need to compare pears with pears. Ive looked closely at the markings and they look hand punched and good if you ask me. The knife appears to be aged (but cleaned) in the photo in the areas ud expect.
    As said it doesn't help this knife has had the balls cleaned out of it everywhere fake or real its knocked the value tremendously.
    If I had it in my hand I could tell you exactly. I guarantee the seller knows the truth and has priced it accordingly. Just seems a problem getting a figure out of the OP, which usually means its being sold cheap so its just a case of seeing whether it can be passed off as genuine - whether it is or not doesn't matter.
    Just remember it is easy fooling people in a forum with pictures but you will never fool a collector with it in the hand.
    matty

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast