Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Luft Gravity knife

Article about: Hi All Opinions needed for this gravity knife by advance thanks Kind regards

Default Luft Gravity knife

Hi All

Opinions needed for this gravity knife by advance thanks

Kind regardsLuft Gravity knifeLuft Gravity knifeLuft Gravity knifeLuft Gravity knifeLuft Gravity knifeLuft Gravity knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft Gravity knife
    P
    Many

Hi its the best of both worlds really it features the early maker marked blade with the later take down feature. Rostfrei on the blade means rust free in german which means it is made from stainless steal.
    Usually the take down models feature rzm codes but this one would have been an earlier one using up the first model parts most likely.
    SMF is one of the more common found makers for gravity knives, early luftwaffe swords and daggers.
    Very nice.
    Now whats the asking price please? matty

IMO a Pakistani fake, the Kings nose is wrong as is the sword, and the stick bird is too fat. Avoid.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Good point on the Kings nose Ned

Here is an original

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Luft Gravity knife 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Didn't the Pakistani gravity knives have copper rivets?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Didn't the Pakistani gravity knives have copper rivets?
    Not necessarily a Pakistani copy, but a copy just the same. As Ned has said, the king's nose, and the vertical lines on the clothing do not come down far enough to touch the horizontal line at the bottom.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Oh dear, il have a look when I get home. Im on an iphone at the minute.
    best matty

?

Im not sure about the rest of the knife but the blade looks suspect.It has a modern brushed look to it.Also the words on the blade look doubtful.An original knife but with a repro blade possibly?

Could be a replacement blade Lew. I cant wait to get home to blow this one up on the big screen, but I can see a stickbird mark, numbers etc etc. The copper rivets are usually the giveaway but they don't look copper. Unless it has replacement rivets? Not impossible I don't suppose.
    Check the blade, see if its non magnetic? You'll soon know if the whole thing feels light or not.
    The giveaway signs will be there somewhere.
    Currently im sitting round my mother in laws - the beauty of Christmas ey.

ps. I wish people would give a price when they put these things on here.
    Its the first indication to whether to spend the time even looking.

Quote by lew07 View Post
    An original knife but with a repro blade possibly?
    I would doubt it, why would someone use an original and de-value it by putting a known repro blade in it.
    Just my thoughts,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast