Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftsword pommel swastika,

Article about: Hello all! i will post a picture of two Luftsword one helbig and one alcoso, both nickel/silver. the helbig sword have the pommel swastika in a different angel, not sure if the english are c

Default Luftsword pommel swastika,

Hello all!

i will post a picture of two Luftsword one helbig and one alcoso, both nickel/silver. the helbig sword have the pommel
    swastika in a different angel, not sure if the english are correct but you will se on the picture.
    would like to hear your comments and if you seen this before on LW swords

Best regards Tobias

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftsword pommel swastika,
    P
    Many

I never opend up this swords, i guess some did it and put it wrong?

It is not common for helbigs pommel swaz to be straight up and down ..and i compared with other producers all of which are the standard position of the swastika. It appears the Swaz medallion must of turned as seen with SA and SS dagger runes buttons.

The brass medallions are not that easy to turn..but there are exceptions.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry.

The blade on this sword also got the waffen amt stamp, my english is not so good but you say off turned, wrong
    in production? or just messed with?

Cheers

I can not be certain if it has been messed with..but it has turned.

I think it may have happened over the decades as I myself have not seen another example like it...but Im quite sure..there may be a few other examples in circulation with the same.
    The other producer types I have researched..do have a slight varying minute turn to the medallion..but just slightly.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ok i will leave it as it is, do not like to open it up never done it.

Roughly paralleling Larry's comments, I thought that I had a picture of a Luftwaffe pommel where the disc with the Swastika on it had fallen out for some reason. But a quick search was not productive so I will have to rely on my memory. Not very common, my best guess here is that the disc fell out and was not put back with the proper orientation. The pommel component itself being made of parts that had to be assembled. Best Regards, Fred

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Roughly paralleling Larry's comments, I thought that I had a picture of a Luftwaffe pommel where the disc with the Swastika on it had fallen out for some reason. But a quick search was not productive so I will have to rely on my memory. Not very common, my best guess here is that the disc fell out and was not put back with the proper orientation. The pommel component itself being made of parts that had to be assembled. Best Regards, Fred
    Hi Fred i have seen several early luft swords with missing disks, so that some have a slightly turned disk is not a problem for me, its adds to its charm so to say
    I have added a picture to complete your post.

Cheers
    Ger

Thanks Fred.

yeah i think so to, what would you guys do open up and put it back in proper orientation ?

Cheers

Leave it alone Tobias IMO.

It may have well turned during the period or even fallen out and replaced. No need to mess with it further.

Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast